Prerelease:Grand Theft Auto IV (PlayStation 3, Windows)
This page details prerelease information and/or media for Grand Theft Auto IV (PlayStation 3, Windows).
|This article is a work in progress.|
...Well, all the articles here are, in a way. But this one moreso, and the article may contain incomplete information and editor's notes.
Come on. There must be some more stuff to be covered.
Oct. Development of Grand Theft Auto IV begins after Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was released.
May. 10 - The game is revealed at E3 2006, in the form of Peter Moore showing a tattoo with the game's early logo.
Apr. 29 - Grand Theft Auto IV is released for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in North America and Europe. Oct. 30 - Grand Theft Auto IV is released for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in Japan. Dec. 3 - Grand Theft Auto IV is released for Windows.
GTA IV Website
There are images from GTA IV's official website that contain changes from the final.
After the development of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas had officially ended, Grand Theft Auto IV started development.
Grand Theft Auto IV was officially unveiled at E3 2006, where Peter Moore revealed a tattoo on his arm containing the game's logo. He said that the game would be for next-generation systems and would have downloadable DLC.
Bellic Enterprises/Broker Navy Yard
- Next to Roman's Cab Office, there was a hot dog stand and newspaper stands in the pre-release. In the final, the newspaper stands moved closer to the building, a couple of barrels were added, the hot dog stand was moved down the street, and the street light moved across the street.
- The newspaper stand's name was changed from the Daily Globe to the Liberty Tree.
- The bridge in the background was absent.
- Roman's Taxi has some differences too.
- The license plates didn't say "LIBERTY CITY" in some instances, implying that a randomized license plate number generator was planned for the cars but wasn't implemented until the sequel.
- The Yellow stripe was moved down.
- "LC12345" was changed to "LC270881".
- The number was moved onto the door.
- The logo by the rotors was removed.
- The logo was recreated.
- The doors were made open.
In-game Television Programs
Since they were recorded in early builds of the game, the watchable videos in-game have a good amount of changed content in them.
Higgins Helitour Commercial
- The billboards weren't finished, so a low-quality placeholder with the Rockstar logo and "TEMP" written on the sides of it was used instead.
- Channelizer cones were once present.
"I'm Rich" CNT Skit
- Leftwood was changed to Westdyke and the text was made bolder in the final.
- Light posts were added to the ledges.
- A railing was added.
- More posters were added inside the interior.
- The tree was removed.
- The picture for "HumpPleaseRupert" was changed completely.
- There is now one stripe instead of two.
- The rearview mirror and the car's brand logo were added.
- On the back, the car name and brand were completely removed and added a different logo instead.
In the background, there is a car that looks different from the others. Judging by the body frame and tires, it may have been an early version of the Landstalker.
- Lights and benches weren't present.
- The cobblestone walkway was originally a reddish-brown color. Additionally, at the end of the walkway, there was a runoff drain.
- The pillars on the side were removed and taller pillars were added at each end of the walkway.
VIG Insurance Commercial
- Parking garage was incomplete and missing interior walls and exterior pillars.
- Retaining wall and fence along parking garage were not present.
- Two over-hanging signs for southbound traffic, while only one is present in the final build.
- Guardrails separating north/southbound traffic were not present.
- Foreground stoplight model had a hanging street sign.
- The second stoplight in the background was once present.
- The first floor of the first building on right has been completely reworked - scaffolding is now present, stoplight has been removed, two bushes have been remodeled, payphone has been removed.
- Scaffolding has been added to the building on the right one block down.