Prerelease:Killer Instinct (Arcade)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page details prerelease information and/or media for Killer Instinct (Arcade).
This is an early video of the arcade version of Killer Instinct. Among the differences present:
- The player select screen uses a traditional grid instead of the "reels" seen in the final. The highlighted fighters' intro videos play in the background, instead of having rotating sprites of the fighters. Some of the small portraits have also changed since then.
- Cinder's name appears to read "Meltdown".
- The announcer is much more subdued, quietly speaking the combo names instead of yelling them as in the final. There are also some differences in the combo level order: we can see Mega (4), Super (5; 4 in the final), Mondo (8) and Elite (10).
- At 1:35, there's an unknown stage that looks like a gray platform with glowing pillars in the corners.
- Orchid's stage (most visible at 1:52) is less colorful, with a gray rooftop and a yellow and black sky instead of a brown rooftop and a blue sky. The buildings in the background also look less futuristic.