Prerelease:Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
This page details prerelease information and/or media for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is a spin-off of the famous Metal Gear franchise, the game first started as "Metal Gear Solid: Rising" but then changed to "Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance" after switching developers from Kojima Production to PlatinumGames.
- 1 Development Timeline
- 2 2009
- 3 2010
- 4 2011
- 5 2012
- 6 HUD Changes
- 7 Sam Design Change
- 8 Model Changes
- Jun. 1 - The game is officially revealed at E3 2009 at the Microsoft panel.
- Jun. 13 - The game is shown off again at E3 2010 at the Microsoft panel.
- Date unknown - Kojima cancelled/put the project on hold.
- Dec. 10 - The game is shown off again at VGA 2011 with PlatinumGames developing the game.
- Jun. 4 - The game is shown off again at 2012 with a new trailer and a gameplay video.
- Sep. 19 - The game is shown for the last time at TGS 2013.
- Feb. 21 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is released in Japan.
- Feb. 19 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is released in North America and Europe.
Metal Gear Solid: Rising is officially revealed to the public at E3 2009. Only a 45 second teaser trailer was shown, and it included little to no information about the game.
Metal Gear Solid: Rising was supposed to release the same day as the console versions. Quote from a French game website "Konami vient de confirmer une rumeur persistante depuis l'annonce de Metal Gear Solid Rising : le jeu sortira également sur PC, en même temps que les versions console." Which translates to "Konami confirmed the release of Metal Gear Solid Rising on PC at the same time as the console release."
2009 Metal Gear Solid: Rising CG teaser.
A new Metal Gear Solid: Rising CG trailer was shown to the public at E3 2010 showing a CG cutscene of Raiden fighting a brute and a gameplay showcase of the game.
2010 Metal Gear Solid: Rising CG teaser with gameplay at the end.
2010 Metal Gear Solid: Rising gameplay clip.
First Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance trailer, the development team changed from Kojima Production to PlatinumGames.
This Trailer contains cutscenes with old models and unused gameplay.
A new Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance trailer was shown to the public at E3 2012.
Most of the 2012 videos about the game are pretty similar to the final game so there isn't much there to talk about.
2012 Build Press Screenshots
Unknown build of the game with screenshots sent to video game websites.
In the trailer, there are slight differences that differ in the final release of the game:
- Different HUD for the healthbar.
- Different stealth kill animation for killing enemies from behind.
- Slight color differences.
- Raiden's sword had lightning animations that never turned off, unlike the final game where lightning turns off after a while of no usage.
First HUD revealed to the public in a 2011/2012 trailer.
Second HUD shown, found in obscure MGR:R press pictures.
Third and last before the final one, shown in the last trailer of the game before the release.
Sam Design Change
Metal Gear Rex
Metal Gear Rex's design from the 2011 VGA trailer.