Prerelease:Tekken 4 (Arcade)
This page details prerelease information and/or media for Tekken 4 (Arcade).
Tekken 4 was released in arcades in August 2001.
This footage shows off the game's intro and a lot of matches that have VERY interesting differences when compared to the final game.
- The phrase "GO" can be heard at 1:48. It is unused in the arcade version's files.
- There is no white flash in the health bars for lost health when hit by your opponent.
- The Game Over text is a different colour at 2:03 and 2:12.
- Kazuya has Jin's Twin Pistons move.
- Steve's early name "Dean" can be seen at 2:07.
- A elevator can be seen in the Mall stage at 2:17.
- Fighter win text is different at 2:19.
- Continue text is different at 2:19.
- The fighting camera is in a different position from 2:36 to 2:49.
September 2001 part 1
This is footage from the test version, dated 8th September 2001, of King and Hwoarang fighting in the Jungle stage. It has many bizarre differences.
- The music is completely different. This music would go on to be used in the Devil Within Mode on Level 3 in Tekken 5.
- Hwoarang doesn't scream when he is knocked out.
- The replay camera is completely different.
- King's moves were originally more powerful.
- King's hair is different.
September 2001 part 6
This is more footage from the test version, dated 8th September 2001, of Law and Steve fighting on the Rooftop stage. It has one thing that's different whilst it has many of the same differences as previous videos.
- Law's attire was a different colour.
September 2001 part 9
This is more footage from the test version, dated 8th September 2001, of Paul and Steve fighting on the Car Park stage. It has one thing that's different whilst it has more of the same differences as previous videos.
- It uses a remix of the Underground stage music.