Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page details one or more prototype versions of Driver (Windows).
|This article is a work in progress.|
...Well, all the articles here are, in a way. But this one moreso, and the article may contain incomplete information and editor's notes.
A rolling demo that was released as part of a magazine. This demo was built on Dec 17th, 1998, a day after the PlayStation Rolling Demo included in Euro Demo 43.
- The demo starts with the unused title screen found in the final version:
- There is no loading screen background, but there is a bar:
- The pause menu is very different and the camera rotates around the player car:
- The mirror is much larger than in the final version:
- The mini map has circled shape instead of squared. It is also not aligned properly.
- The player car, cop cars and traffic car models are all early versions and are eventually left unused in the level files of the final version with no changes done to their textures and model files.
- Several debug key functions are enabled:
|A||Resets Car Rotation|
|F||Repairs Car (Press and hold to complete repair)|
|G||Turns Solid Mode Off/On|
|L shift||Left side camera view|
|R shift||Right side camera view|
|Numpad arrow keys||Rotate Camera|
|Numpad + and -||Camera Height|
|The Driver series|
|PlayStation||Driver (Demo) (V4.11) • Driver 2|
|Windows||Driver (Demo) • DRIV3R • Driver: Parallel Lines • Driver: San Francisco|
|Game Boy Color||Driver|
|PlayStation 2 / Xbox||DRIV3R • Driver: Parallel Lines|
|Mac OS X||Driver: San Francisco|
|Wii||Driver: Parallel Lines|