If you've blocked our ad, please consider unblocking it.
We promise it isn't annoying. No flash, no sound, ever.
Proto:Escape from Mars - Starring Taz
This page details one or more prototype versions of Escape from Mars - Starring Taz.
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
All sorts of prototypes were leaked onto the Internet on February 23, 2008 by drx. These prototypes, among many other, originated from one of Sega of America's QA archives.
A lot of work.
March 4, 1994 Prototype
This prototype is in a very primitive state.
- No Sega logo, copyright, or title screens
- No intermission screen pictures
- Some of the levels are devoid of music
- No sound effects
- Most of the levels do not have a HUD visible
- Pressing up and down do not move the camera up and down
- The HUD is bugged and unpolished. It keeps track of the player's score, unlike the final. It also does not have a box around Taz's life icon.
|March 4, 1994 Prototype||Final|
The breakable bricks are absent and the palette was brightened up.
Mole World 3
The boss is glitched up.
- RESUME GAME - It returns you to the level
- RESTART LEVEL - Restarts the level
- Both of these options have unique features. Pressing the A button returns you to the game, but pressing B shows a list of NPCs and pressing C turns up a menu that can't really be used.
- DEBUG FUNCTION - Unknown; crashes the game
- RESTORE HP - Restore the player's health bar back to full health
- LEVEL SELECT - Brings up a level select screen, as seen here:
Test 1 Mars 1 Mars 2 Mars 3 Mexico 1 Mexico 2 Mexico 3 Mole World 1 Mole World 2 Mole World 3 Planet X 1 Planet X 2 Planet X 3 Haunted Castle 1 Haunted Castle 2 Haunted Castle 3 Haunted Castle 4 Megapolis 2 Marvins House 1 Marvins House 2 Marvins House 3