This page details one or more prototype versions of F-Zero X.
A localization prototype of this game was found within the iQue Player leak. It is located at the path d1\routefree\bbgames\depot\release\pvt_20031022\zh\f0x.rom (file modification date: 2003-10-22).
This build features numerous minor text differences, mainly in terms of translation, placement, spacing and size.
- No iQue logo upon booting the game, still has the Nintendo 64 logo.
- Title screen has different logo, "START" text, and copyright date. It still says "VAHOOOM" in yellow.
- No song plays on the title screen.
- The title theme song plays on the main menu screen.
- No auto demo races play after idling on title screen.
- Slightly different fonts throughout various menus.
- Vehicles still have English text on them, whereas all English text was removed from vehicles in retail.
- The text for each character name (under their portraits) was altered.
- The HUD during races is still mostly in English, as well as the text for "FINISH" and "RETIRE".
- The race results and rankings screens are also mostly English, as well as the text for "CONGRATULATIONS" and "THANKS FOR PLAYING!!".
The F-Zero series
|SNES||F-Zero (Prototype) • BS F-Zero Grand Prix 2|
|Nintendo 64||F-Zero X (Expansion Kit, iQue Prototype)|
|Game Boy Advance||F-Zero Maximum Velocity (iQue Prototypes) • F-Zero GP Legend • F-Zero Climax|