Proto:Knuckles' Chaotix/1229 Prototype
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a sub-page of Proto:Knuckles' Chaotix.
|This page sucks.|
If you could make it suck less, that would be awesome.
Specifically: Along with some serious rewriting, it needs some differences between the the first three 1994 prototypes and the final build.
|Download Knuckles' Chaotix (1229 Prototype)
File: Knuckles' Chaotix (1229 Prototype).bin (4 MB) (info)
Knuckles' Chaotix prototype 1229 for the 32X was released by drx during the February 23rd, 2008 proto release. Its compile date is Dec, 30 1994.
- The title screen is identical to the previous build.
- Knuckles still has his wall-climbing behavior from the previous builds.
- Knuckles' climbing sprites are different.
- Different end signpost.
- Different Special Stage art.
- When you call your partner, your sprite is in front of theirs. Heavy looks so much smaller by comparison.
- When a special stage is successfully completed, the results screen says "Got The Holy Ring" instead of "Got Chaos Ring."
- Unused graphics are shown below. Palette unknown.
- Newtrogic High Zone is mostly intact. However, the Combi Catcher is not yet working. Instead, the makeshift NPC SELECT screen from Time Attack mode is used after your level is chosen.
- The light switch is not present in Amazing Arena, nor is the mini-boss. However, you can complete the level regardless.
(Source: Sonic Retro)