Proto:Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
This page details one or more prototype versions of Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge.
|This article has just been started and needs the article basics added.|
Help us out and
A rolling demo of the game was released, though it can be played by opening it in ScummVM.
- The palette-shifting used for backgrounds with water is not seen in the demo.
- Several of the item icons were redrawn.
- The quit message has a small red rectangle around it instead of a more detailed, purple rectangle.
- The librarian does not have any shading. The same goes for Bart and Fink.
- The Bloody Lip has a hastily-drawn piano rather than a properly painted-in one.
While the general layout is the same as the final version, it is very different art-wise. The room is easier to see, with a blue background instead of an orange-red one. The signs in the background are all yellow with red fonts, while the final has more varied signs. The "1/2 OFF" sign looks like it was drawn hastily, while the final art has it properly drawn onto the coffin. There are no blue balloons or flags in the final. Furthermore, there are flickering candles in the demo. The reason for this is because Booty Island was originally meant to take place at night, but it was changed to day sometime in development, and this room wasn't quite adjusted in time for the demo.
The Monkey Island series
|DOS, Mac OS Classic||The Secret of Monkey Island • Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (Demo)|
|Windows||The Curse of Monkey Island (Demo) • The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition • Return to Monkey Island|
|PlayStation 2||Escape from Monkey Island|