This page details one or more prototype versions of Pokémon Yellow.
A debug build was included in pack_nopass.zip from the Wack0 leaks with the filename "YELLMONS.GBC". The build is based off the final English release of the game.
On the title screen, press Select to be brought to a rather bare-bones debug menu with the options "Fight" and "Debug". The former option lets you set up a Pokémon battle. The latter starts the game off with debug settings.
Regardless of whether you begin a normal game or begin one through the debug option, there are teleports in the right wall of your bedroom that take you to various Team Rocket encounters.
This screen lets you select your party. You can control what Pokemon you have and their levels. Press Start to confirm your team.
This lets you toggle what Pokemon to fight against. There's an option at the top which toggles between the Pokemon you're up against and trainer class. For whatever reason, there's multiple entries titled "Juerry" for the trainer class. Additionally, the player's name is "Tom" in battle.
- Starts you off in front of your house.
- Gives you a complete Pokédex.
- Gives you the debug party found in the final game.
- Lets you disable wild encounters and trainer encounters by holding B.
- Interacting with Pikachu while in your bedroom cycles through his expressions.