Proto:Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase (PlayStation)
This page details one or more prototype versions of Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase (PlayStation).
A demo disc of Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase is based on an earlier build of the game, containing several differences. The files on the disc predate the final release by 10 days.
|This needs some investigation.|
Discuss ideas and findings on the talk page.
Specifically: Are the other levels still accessible?
- The only playable level in the demo is the second prehistoric level, though the rest of the game's files still seem to be in-tact.
- The demo has no voice acting.
The demo uses a retro 60's aesthetic much like the original cartoon, while the final game goes for a more cyber look.
Several boss icons were either redrawn or flipped horizontally.
The talking icons all had blue backgrounds and different artwork of the characters.
Scooby and Shaggy's life icons were changed from portraits to coins.
The title screen re-used artwork from the movie's VHS and DVD release, and Comic Sans for the font.
Two of the menu options are dummied out in the demo, but their graphics still remain.
- The radio was given a shiny gloss. It, the textbox, and the main HUD were made semi-transparent in the final game.
- The demo used a more retro 60's-esque font for the numbers (see above).
- Lives are represented by Scooby's head in the demo, while the final game uses a coin with Scooby's head (again, see above).
- The Comic Sans lettering was made more bold and less spaced in the final.
- In the demo, Shaggy is heard over the radio in the first prehistoric level, while in the final game it's Velma.
- In the demo, the destructible objects are barrels, which were later changed to dinosaur eggs, likely due to making more sense thematically and the barrels blending in too much with the background.
- The water's shade of blue is slightly different, as are the plesiosaur's textures and colors.
The background and font on the game over screen was different, and the Phantom Virus was scaled down in the final.
While the warp room is not accessible, its textures can be found in M/M21.BIN.
The screens had a Media Player-like interface taken from the movie's trailer, which was changed to generic metal screens in the final game.
The memory card screen featured some lovely Engrish. Or y'know, it could just be a play on Scooby's speech impediment.
V00.XA contains leftovers from Rugrats: Totally Angelica, a game from the same developers.
|Angelica: When I become mall fashion show queen, all this will be mine!|
|Angelica: Wow, a whole building full of stuff to win! It doesn't get any better than that!|
|Angelica: Make way, pretty, sweet and charming fashion model, COMING THROUGH!|
|Angelica: Wow, a whole building just for playing dressup! I wanna live here!|
|Tommy: Stop by the fashion show on this floor and show off the outfits you've won!|
|Tommy: Thanks for shopping at the make-believe mall! Have a great make-believe day!|
|Tommy: The make-believe mall hours is from... whenever Angelica starts imagining them to, umm... whenever Angelica stops imagining them!|
|Tommy: Our stores is chock full of snappy outfits, just waiting to be winned! Stop in today!|
|Tommy: Our experienced sales-babies can help you get exactly the kind of clothes you need to win the fashion show!|
|Tommy: Our sales-babies don't your monies! Just play a few games with them instead!|
|Tommy: Be sure to play again! Our imaginary mall never closes!|
|Tommy: Everyone's on stale at Phil and Lil's bug hunt!|
|Tommy: Come on in to Phil and Lil's Frog Catch!|
|Tommy: Shop 'til you mop at Fluffy's Pinball Maze!|
|Tommy: Welcome to Tommy's Pinata Bash!|
The Scooby-Doo series
|ZX Spectrum||Scooby-Doo in the Castle Mystery|
|PlayStation||Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase (Demo) • Night of 100 Frights (Prototype)|
|Nintendo 64||Classic Creep Capers|
|Game Boy Color||Classic Creep Capers|
|Game Boy Advance||Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase • Scooby-Doo • Unmasked|
|PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox||Night of 100 Frights • Mystery Mayhem • Unmasked|
|Windows||Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed|
|Adobe Flash||Castle Hassle • Monster Sandwich • 1000 Graveyard Dash • Escape from the Coolsonian|
|Adobe Shockwave||Scooby's Alien Snapshot Game • The Ghosts of Pirate Beach|
|Plug & Play||Mystery of the Castle • Pirate's Puzzles|
|PlayStation Portable||Who's Watching Who?|