Proto:Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves/Aug 2 2005 Prototype
This is a sub-page of Proto:Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves.
This prototype is documented on Hidden Palace.
A preview prototype of Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, dated August 2, 2005, was released in 2018. It predates the final NTSC build by 26 days, and contains many differences to the final game as well as debug functionality.
| Debug Menu|
A sizeable menu used to debug the game during development.
| Episode Differences|
Much like the Cooper Vault, this build has a wealth of treasure that is its content differences, with plenty to be found.
- A debug display is shown by default from boot, which track the coordinates of Sly and the camera as well as button inputs.
- The game boots to a Language Select screen leftover from the original PAL release of Sly 2: Band of Thieves.
- The game still uses an earlier logo at this point in development.
- As this is a PAL prototype, it appears the dialogue strings were not finalized yet. Each string starts with whatever language you selected as the prefix, and ends with the name of the string (For example, "BRITISH I'm guessing these levers start the different trainers?e0_trainer_intro_02_sly")
- In addition, there are previously unheard pieces of dialogue not in the final release.
- An earlier mix of the Venice music and the Venice Espionage theme are heard often in this build, commonly as placeholder music.
- Only Episodes 1-3 have FMVs from an earlier point in development that can be seen, which include visual differences/animatics/dev notes. The rest of the Episodes have a blank placeholder FMV.
- In this build, Penelope is a playable character and has a Binocucom with no graphics. Instead of her own, she uses Murray's icon for interactions.