Proto:Sonic Advance 3
This page details one or more prototype versions of Sonic Advance 3.
A European prototype was leaked by a German magazine employee in March 2004, well ahead of the final game's June release, leading to quite a bit of drama at Sega and beyond.
The prototype is nearly complete; almost all of the changes made from here were bug fixes.
|Download Sonic Advance 3 (EU Proto)
File: SonicAdvance3Proto.7z (3.24 MB) (info)
- Characters occasionally get stuck in pieces of the level and can't escape.
- When finishing some of the levels, the screen will turn red until the zooming text stops.
- Your partner character sometimes starts to levitate. When a stage is finished, they start their victory pose before even touching the ground.
- Once characters enter the skidding animation, they won't leave it until they stop, even if the player is no longer braking.
- Tag actions can be used in the Sonic Factory.
- If you leave an Act via the Pause menu or get a Game Over while holding a Special Stage key, you keep the key and you can then use it to enter the Special Stage. In the final, you must complete the Act to keep the key.