Proto:Sonic Blast (Game Gear)/Prototype 74
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a sub-page of Proto:Sonic Blast (Game Gear).
This prototype is documented on Hidden Palace.
- Game instantly goes into level select from the beginning, but anything past Red Volcanic Zone act 3 crashes the game instantly.
- There is no title screen, and instead the game boots into the level select menu.
- The character select screen is text based and without character sprites.
- There are still no level intros nor end title cards.
- A debug mode can be activated by holding the 2 Button. This will freeze the character and allow the player to move him freely with the D-Pad.
- Rings are not lost when hit, although they still fly out.
- Red Volcano Zone is named Red Volcanic Zone.
- After defeating the Volcanic Stage boss, one can use the debug to return to the original location of the boss to view what appears to be a bell like outline. This could be a mistake made by SEGA during the development process.
- In every act 2, underneath the level is an area with garbage data everywhere.
- The Level Select menu is different:
- The death sound is the title screen music.