If you've blocked our ad, please consider unblocking it.
We promise it isn't annoying. No flash, no sound, ever.
Proto:Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure
This page details one or more prototype versions of Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure.
This prototype is documented on Hidden Palace.
|This article has just been started and needs the article basics added.|
Help us out and
A prototype was dumped on January 2017 by drx of Hidden Palace fame. The prototype is dated from October 22, 1999 and has a decent number of differences.
- The error screen for when the cart is inserted into a monochrome Neo Geo Pocket is not present yet.
- The debug menu is enabled by default. Simply press Option when the Sega logo appears.
- The name entry screen is missing when going to the Time Trial screen.
- Pressing B on the puzzle room screen reveals some completed puzzles.
- The music fades out when going into the options screen.
- Some aspects of levels have collision problems (i.e. the springs in Casino/Cosmic Casino, and the rotating platforms in King Relics/Secret Plant).
- The ending is not programmed in this build. Selecting it from the debug menu causes the game to lock up on a black screen.
- The intro animation is skipped over.
- Much of the debug menu text is green.
- The in-game HUD uses a more generic set of numbers.
- Sonic's sprites in-game lack green eyes. This doesn't apply to Sonic's win pose in the special stages.
- The monitors have yellow borders. This idea may have been scrapped due to the little space given for the item art.
The palette is different on the title screen, mostly to make Sonic stick out more from the sky.
The win pose at the end of the special stage is different.
This is slightly glitchier in the prototype when the parts for the results screen move in. There are no gradients and the numbers are yellow with a blue shadow.
Unlike the final version, these are present and don't crash the game. They use South Island's tiles and can be fairly glitchy.
Unlike the final version, there exists a Motobug in the game. There are two variants in the game - one red, one yellow. They are also the first two objects listed in the game too.