Proto:The Simpsons: Road Rage (GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox)/September 17 2001 Build
This is a sub-page of Proto:The Simpsons: Road Rage (GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox).
|This article is a work in progress.|
...Well, all the articles here are, in a way. But this one moreso, and the article may contain incomplete information and editor's notes.
A build of the PlayStation 2 version with a date of September 17 2001, around three weeks older than the final build.
- The GameCube and Xbox exclusive ending with Kang and Kodos is present in this version.
- The options screen allows the player to view both the opening and closing videos instead of just the closing video in the final game. The former options are present in the retail GameCube version.
- Three of the secret camera modes unlocked with a cheat code do not have names and instead appear as ???. These are Look Camera, Tracking Camera and Kull Cam. However, Overhead Camera is named.
The performance metrics display is slightly different from the one in the final build. It can enabled in this build with the following code:
- The framerate is displayed with one decimal point of precision after it.
- The memory usage has the same value represented in MB next to the value in bytes.
- Particle effects such as smoke and flowing water continue to move when the game is paused.
- Several drop-off location names were altered, most of which were to correct grammatical mistakes.
|Patty & Selma||Patty and Selma|
|Baby Sitters||Baby Sitter's|
|King Toots||King Toot's|
|Jittery Joes||Jittery Joe's|
|Legitimate Club||Social Club|
|Comic Book Apt||Comic Book Guy's|
|First Bank||Springfield S+L|
|Jebadiah Springfield||Jebediah Springfield|
|Bumblebee Apt||Bumblebee's Apt|
|Krusty's House||Gold House|
Extra layers of forest textures were added to the background at the water bridge.
Mountain textures are visible in the background that were removed from the final game.
The dam has one wooden platform instead of three.
Some of the dam pillars are textured differently.
The railings on the broken bridge are not present.
Nuclear Power Plant
The barn with the crashed truck at the beginning of the level is not present. The player is able to drive into the void from both the road and the river.
The fencing surrounding the level is in different positions at several points.
The train tunnel entrance is further back than in the final game.
Several parts of the level are missing, although they exist as invisible collision. Specifically, the objects missing are: parts of the mountain geometry, bushes, rock piles, railings, large trees, the train tunnels, the log archway, the blue building and background tree textures.
- Comic Book Guy makes comments more frequently and at one point says the line "We don't have deflector shields you know", from his in-game dialogue. Conversely, his lines "Worst designer ever" and "Worst programmer ever" are not present.
- Some names are missing in the Core Testers section of the credits.
Inspect the SNPROFIL.IRX file.
- The prototype build includes a file titled SNPROFIL.IRX.
- The final version has two large blank dummy files titled data1.dat and data2.dat which are not in the prototype.
- The game's menu graphics are stored in an archive titled scrooby.rcf while in the final game they are split into fe1.rcf, fe2.rcf and fe3.rcf. In the prototype archive are unused images that are also present in the final GameCube version.