Proto talk:Yume Nikki
Anybody know of some software to generate 1:1 images of the maps with the events from RPG Maker 2003? I've tried Hyper Patcher 2, but that doesn't include the map events in the generated image. I also have RPGDebuger-200X, but the map viewer option is always grayed out, likely because I need the Japanese version of RPG Maker 2003. The Yume Nikki Wiki has 1:1 maps of this game with the events included. The shrunk-down screenshots I'm making from RPG Maker aren't going to cut it for some maps.--Dasutein (talk) 04:19, 30 August 2017 (EDT)
- To anyone who reads this in the future, I used 20kdc's R48 tool to make 1:1 map rips.
- Follow these steps to rip maps:
- Insert the downloaded gabien-app-r48.jar into the game's folder, where RPG_RT is.
- Open R48 and choose the target engine RPG Maker 2000, 2003, or EasyRPG. Under this, select the local as R2K[3?] (Japanese/CP943C). This should open a new window.
- Select the MapInfos tab, and click on your desired map. After this, click on the Map tab.
- Your selected map should appear, and can be explored by dragging the mouse.
- If the map has a background, click on the Layer Visibility tab, and click on Panorama. This will toggle the visibility of the background.
- When you're ready to rip a map screenshot, click on the ... and select Export shot.png. The exported image will be sent to the r48 folder in the same directory. Note that the yellow map border will not show up in the exported image.
- If you removed the background, the image will have a transparent layer behind it. To resolve this I just open the image in Irfanview, and re-save it to add in a black background. Naturally, you can also replace the transparency with a black layer in an image editing program, so use whatever is best for you.
- --Dasutein (talk) 23:19, 31 August 2018 (EDT)