Sin and Punishment
|Sin and Punishment|
Also known as: Tsumi to Batsu: Hoshi no Keishousha (JP)
Sin and Punishment is a Japan-only Nintendo 64 game. Due to having English voice acting and an official English title, however, it was very popular in the Western world, despite having never been released there until the advent of Virtual Console, where it did well enough to get a sequel.
Unused Staff Credits
What appears to be an earlier version of the game's staff credits lies at offset 0x768484 in the ROM. Compared to the final text, this version features the following differences:
- It's actually noted which voice actors voiced which characters, where the final version lists them without their roles; Isa's VA is, however, only shown as ?????.
- The company Fontworks International Limited is not listed under "Special Thanks".
- The game is exclusively referred to as Project "GLASS SOLDIER", while the final version says THE ORIGINAL TITLE, GLASS SOLDIER.
- A version number, Ver 0.32 is shown; it is however unknown what exactly this refers to (only the staff roll text, the game itself, etc.).
MAIN PROGRAM atsutomo nakagawa ENEMY PROGRAM hideyuki suganami atsutomo nakagawa yoshiyuki matsumoto SOUND PROGRAM hiroshi matsumoto MAIN CHARACTER DESIGN yasushi suzuki MODEL MOTION DESIGN takeshi hayashi yasushi suzuki hideyuki suganami kenji tsusima masaya kikuchi BACK GROUND DESIGN hiroshi iuchi makoto ogino EFFECT DESIGN yasushi suzuki hiroshi iuchi CAMERA WORK DESIGN takeshi hayashi yasushi suzuki hiroshi iuchi hideyuki suganami atsutomo nakagawa
CAPTION WORK makoto ogino MUSIC COMPOSER toshiya yamanaka SOUND EFFECTS satoshi murata VOICE ACTOR SAKI michael lerner AIRAN andromeda dunker ACHI hannah latimer ISA ????? KACHUA stephanie diaz LEDA tate latimer BRAD josh johnson GROUNDSTONE jay hopper SOLDIERS jay hopper josh johnson COMMANDER jay hopper TECHNICAL SUPPORT masaru mitsuyoshi ntsc-online
ENGLISH TRANSLATION bill trinen SPECIAL THANKS hiroyuki ohta shota takahashi tetsuya komatu super mario club SUPER VISOR takahiro harada hitoshi yamagami ryuji kuwaki DIRECTOR hideyuki suganami PRODUCER masato maegawa takehiro izushi EXECUTIVE PRODUCER hiroshi yamauchi nintendo r&d 1 nintendo of america inc treasure co.,ltd Project "GLASS SOLDIER" Staff Ver 0.32
While all versions featured English voice-overs, the different localizations took different approaches. The iQue Chinese version released in 2004 translated all the text to Chinese, including the title menu graphics and the cutscenes. The English Virtual Console release merely translated the menu options and the credits, leaving all the other Japanese text unaltered.
- The iQue version has an extra copyright for iQue.