Also known as: Skullgirls: Encore (Console), Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (PS4/Vita/Switch/PC)
This game has unused areas.
This game has a prototype article
This game has a prerelease article
|This game is receiving new content, by way of Expansion Packs and/or Downloadable Content.|
Be aware that any unused content you find may become used in the future. If this does happen, please specify as such!
Skullgirls is a 2D fighting game developed by
Reverge Labs Lab Zero Games Hidden Variable and Future Club that was later rereleased as Skullgirls: Encore, which was in turn released for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in 2015 as Skullgirls: 2nd Encore.
| Unused Audio|
| Unused Graphics|
Unused Story Mode images and character assets. Oh my!
| Unused Text|
More to the story.
- Peacock's George Bombs are referred to internally as "LittleBoy", and her Lonesome Lenny Blockbuster is referred to as "FatMan". These were the original names of the George Bomb and Lonesome Lenny, respectively, and were likely changed to avoid insensitivity regarding the atomic bombings of Japan during World War II.
- Ms. Fortune's Fiber Uppercut is referred to internally as "Nyantiair", and her Cat Scratch Fever Blockbuster is referred to as "JustClaws".
- Filia's Gregor Samson Blockbuster is referred to as "RoachRush".
- Maplecrest has the internal name of "Maple_Crest", indicating an earlier spelling.
- Final Atrium is called "Falling_Wreckage".
- Meridian Area Rapid Transit is called "Training".
- The shaders for the KO death portraits are internally referred to as "JojosDeathPortrait", a reference to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, which featured similar death portraits.
Two test levels, referred to as "test1" and "test2" respectively, can be found within the game's levels.gfs. The stage has no music or graphics defined and has lighting that gives a slightly reddish tint.
Rewrite, and add before/after pictures.
Red Cross Palette Swap
On May 13, 2014, an update was released which changes the color of any red crosses on white backgrounds to a different color after Marvelous AQL feared legal action from the Red Cross. This change most notably affected Valentine.
Transcript: (Parasoul) Take the shot, Juju.
A removed sound clip with a very storied past...
In mid-2011, a fan named Cee McNeil posted a character request on the game's Facebook wall asking Reverge Labs to make a "chinese assassin female named juju". Amused at the concept, the artists of Reverge Labs soon began to draw her on their whiteboards and tangentially spin her into the game's lore. When Skullgirls was released the following year, it was found that Parasoul would very rarely call out for Juju when using her Silent Scope super.
Later in 2013, McNeil sought compensation from Lab Zero Games, sparking a months-long exchange of legal documents. In mid-May of that year, a compromise was made through a non-disclosure agreement: Juju could continue to be used by Lab Zero, so long as Cee did not publicly speak of their legal arrangement (and therefore break their NDA).
After McNeil proceeded to do just that the very next day, Lab Zero issued a statement a few days later that Juju was effectively permanently retconned. The above sound clip was removed from the game in the midst of these legal issues, and is unlikely to ever return.
A patch update released on June 7, 2014 removed one of Fukua's loss voice clips, as Mike Z had forgotten to remove it prior.
Upload them. Apparently the 1.0 version of the game had a different Parasoul sprite, as well.
An update released on 23rd April, 2015 alters several frames, mainly to remove sexual content because of the developer's preferences.
An update released on October 12, 2014 corrected an error in one of Squigly's Story Mode portraits where one of her hands wasn't skeletal.
From the PC release onwards, Adam's eye color was changed to blue in all of his portraits.
Figure out how to trigger this message without actually pirating the game, and if there are any other effects.
If the game detects it is a pirated copy, it will show this nonsensical message on the title screen after completing story mode. This was famously used to out a pirate who asked the Skullgirls team about it on Twitter.