Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Wii U, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Windows)
|Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed|
Supposedly there's incomplete character data for Billy Hatcher. He was meant to be playable, which explains why he does not appear with his friends at Chilly Castle and why he doesn't appear as a hologram at Race of AGES, but his data was never completed because the devs couldn't come up with a good vehicle design for him. Also check the Vita and mobile versions.
The textures for Ryo Hazuki's vehicles contain static images for the arcade cabinet screens. The game uses an animated texture for the screens instead.
The Swarm item is internally referred to as Sky Tiger in the game's executable. The announcer occasionally calls the Swarm item "Sky Tiger".
General Winter's USSR Imagery
When he was added to the game in an update on July 4th 2013, General Winter included several hammer & sickle motifs, including during his All-Star move. A month later on August 4th 2013, due to backlash from Russian retailers regarding his source game, most of this imagery was swapped out for a generic star instead.
The Japanese console versions feature a few differences from the international versions:
- A completely different announcer, Takenobu Mitsuyoshi.
- The Blowfish item was replaced with a Garbage Puyo.
- Danica Patrick was removed.
- All versions except for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita and mobile ports contain exclusive characters. Mii is exclusive to the Wii U port, Xbox Live Avatar is exclusive to the Xbox 360 port, Football Manager, Team Fortress, Shogun, Willemus, and Simon are exclusive to the Windows port.
- The Windows port runs at 60 fps, but the home console & Vita versions are locked to 30 (when it's not lower).
- The PC version has extra graphical details (like lens-flare) and better textures.
- Loading times are significantly shorter on PC.
- The Wii U version allows to 5 players on local multiplayer (with one player on the GamePad).
- The Wii U version runs at a low frame rate (it might be at 20 or 25, but does not seem to be 30 fps).