Star Trek: Tactical Assault (PlayStation Portable)
|Star Trek: Tactical Assault|
Remember those old Starfleet Command games for PC? This is a spiritual sequel, but on the PSP (and DS) and not as complex.
Get all the stuff from this website.
|This needs some investigation.|
Discuss ideas and findings on the talk page.
Two strings in Upgraded.txt suggest that there were originally more missions for the game. These would unlock the Federation dreadnought, the U.S.S. Sullivan, and the Klingon dreadnought I.K.S. Kraktah. However, they aren't in the ship list.
While playing a level, press Select to bring up the Alert menu, then press the Left and Right shoulder buttons and Select together. Exit out of the Alert menu and press the Left button to bring up the Cheat Mode display. The following buttons have an effect in this mode:
- Left shoulder button - Turns Cheat Mode display on and off. This display includes information such as co-ordinates, FPS and CPU usage.
- Right shoulder button - Turns grid display on and off.
- D-Pad - Zooms in and out, and moves camera to the left or right.
- Triangle - Pans up.
- X- Pans down.
- Square - Pans left.
- Circle - Pans right.
- Start - Cycles through the different objects and ships on that level (the D-Pad and camera pan controls can be used to look at these from different angles).
- Select - If used when looking at an object, it will return you to the default ship and you will have that one under your control again (this will exit Cheat Mode, but may leave the debug display info visible). If used when looking at another ship, it will allow you to fly that ship, with full use of weapons, etc.
Present in the game's audio folder PSP_GAME\USRDIR\dataPsp\audio.
Actually the second track (Red Alert) of the Star Trek: First Contact OST, presumably used here as a placeholder track. It also repeats once.
Sounds like a very small temporary snippet of background music - from track 7 (Evacuate) of the Star Trek: First Contact OST.
An unused sound that sounds like it was meant for Federation phasers.
Sounds like it was meant for Klingon disruptors. This appears to be from the earlier PC title Star Trek: Starfleet Command, where it was used as the Klingon disruptor fire sound.
Sounds like it was meant for Romulan disruptors. This also appears to be from Star Trek: Starfleet Command, where it was used as the Phaser-1 fire sound. This is used in the DS version.
The Star Trek series
|Commodore VIC-20||Strategic Operations Simulator|
|Atari 8-bit family||Strategic Operations Simulator|
|DOS||The Kobayashi Alternative • 25th Anniversary • Judgment Rites|
|SNES||Starfleet Academy Starship Bridge Simulator|
|The Next Generation|
|DOS||The Transinium Challenge|
|Mac OS Classic||The Transinium Challenge|
|Genesis||Echoes From the Past|
|NES||The Next Generation|
|Game Boy||The Next Generation|
|Game Gear||The Next Generation|
|Deep Space Nine|
|Genesis||Crossroads of Time|
|SNES||Crossroads of Time|
|Windows/Macintosh||Elite Force (Prototype)|
|Windows||Armada • Armada II|
|PlayStation Portable||Tactical Assault|