Steel Empire (Game Boy Advance)
Also known as: Koutetsu Teikoku from HOT-B (JP)
Steel Empire is a remake of the cult classic steampunk shmup initially released for the Mega Drive.
During the intro, press Select, Up, Down, A, Left, Start. Start the game, and the debug menu pictured above will appear after choosing a player. The available functions are:
- STAGE NO: Select a stage to play.
- AREA NO: Select an area within the selected stage to play.
- SHIP NO: Seemingly would set the number of ships the player has, but it doesn't seem to work.
- SHIP_HIT: Turn this off and the player will be invincible, and all enemies will die on contact.
- GAME LEVEL: Select the game's difficulty.
- SHOT LV: Adjust the power of the player's shot.
- OPTION: Adjust the player's powerups.
- KEY_TYPE: Choose which of the game's control schemes to use.
Miscellaneous debugging text can be found scattered throughout the ROM:
TASK:CAN NOT PAUSE TASK:CAN NOT CONT TASK:CAN NOT WAIT TASK:CAN NOT STOP TASK:CAN NOT START DAT_TRS:NOT DMA (FIXED SRC) DAT_TRS:DMA PARAMETER DAT_TRS:ALIGNMENT ERR DAT_TRS:COUNT/BIT SIZE ERR DAT_TRS:BUFFER OVER FISH STOP & HIT:WORK NO %X FISH ANM POS BREAK:CHK POS FISH NAME/ANM BREAK:CHK POS.%s %X EASY NORMAL HARD STAGE 1 STAGE 2 STAGE 3 STAGE 4 STAGE 5 STAGE 6 STAGE 7
SOUND TEST SOUND No. EXIT A:START SOUND B:ALL RESET L:PITCH DOWN R:PITCH UP PLAYER: PITCH: A:NOT START IF SAME SELECT + A:START OR CHANGE START + A:START OR CONTINUE SELECT+L(R):PITCH CHANGE STEP1 MP0 NOT EXIST MP1 NOT EXIST MP2 NOT EXIST MP3 NOT EXIST MP4 NOT EXIST TRACK: SOUND= PAUSEING SOUND= FREE