Street Fighter V (Windows)
|Street Fighter V|
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
|This game is receiving new content, by way of Expansion Packs and/or Downloadable Content.|
Be aware that any unused content you find may become used in the future. If this does happen, please specify as such!
|This page or section needs more images. |
There's a whole lotta words here, but not enough pictures. Please fix this.
Street Fighter V is the latest numbered installment of the series. In a departure from prior entries, including Street Fighter IV, it skipped the arcades completely and went directly to PC and PlayStation 4. As a result, Capcom has eschewed the usual revisional releases and pseudo-sequels that prior entries had in favor of offering new characters, changes and features as downloadable content for the base game.
Despite the beta tests to get a decent day-one character balance release, everything else got pretty much rushed to guarantee the Capcom Pro Tour 2016 to be starting at the beginning of the year, letting the game suffer from awkward online servers, gameplay bugs, and poor solo content.
In 2018 and 2020 respectively, it was lucky enough to be updated to receive both the Arcade Edition and Champion Edition treatments, like in previous Street Fighter series installments.
Illustrate missing graphics and upload audio clips.
Stage K.O. Interactions
|This page or section has one or more broken YouTube links. |
Please find an archived version of a video or a suitable replacement.
While they were added into the game from ver 1.06, the Stage K.O. animations were already present minus stage effects, yet inaccessible.
Unused Store Items
As an apology for the late release of some content, Capcom unlocked Ryu's alpha costume and Chun-Li's police officer outfit for free automatically in everybody's account. Because of this, these two costumes are not in the in-game shop anymore and the pictures for them are also unused.
Unused Announcer Clips
Capcom Pro Tour 2016
Interestingly, voice clips of the game's announcer calling every "premier" tournament of the Capcom Pro Tour along with the country where they take place are present. Thing is, there's no feature where it can be heard, so their in-game use is unknown. Maybe Capcom planned a way to announce tournaments to connected players or allow them to browse rankings afterwards?
There is an audio clip of the announcer calling every online rank. In the final game, leveling up online only plays a fanfare, and there is no other place where these can be heard.
The data of an alternate EX Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku (Hurricane Kick) for Ken is present within the game. The animation is exclusive and complete, and despite the glitchy hitboxes, the move has guard-break property and functions properly.
Bison's signature teleport is also in the game's data. When activated, he can perform it both grounded and airborne.
Capcom went through some changes to tone down the "sexiness" of a few female characters.
Differences from Open Beta Sessions
- Rainbow Mika's critical art start-up animation is actually her slapping her own butt. The game used to zoom on her butt before zooming out during beta tests, and in the final game, it remains on her upper body part instead. The slap is still audible though.
- Cammy's intro has her leap through the screen and land crouched. In the beta, she used to land on the camera, allowing the player to see between her legs. In the final game, the camera is on her side, and zooms on her knee.
- Instead of looking to her side smiling, Chun-Li was giving a determined stare to the camera.
- In the earliest Open Beta Sessions, during Ryu's intro, the camera moves up later after he gets up. In the final game, the camera follows him as he moves up.
- In the earliest Open Beta Sessions, there are no character-specific Flow visual effects in every character's match victory animations.
- Fixed Chun-Li's breast jiggling.
- Cammy's nipples were removed from her 3D model. Their shape used to be seen through her suit.
Previously unused Stage K.O. now are present in the game.