Super Famista 4
|Super Famista 4|
When Pro Action Replay code 80800801 or Game Genie code DF6D-44DD is active on bootup, debug mode is enabled. The string PS will appear in the lower right corner of the Namco screen.
- Hold Select and press Start to perform a soft reset that also quickly bypasses the Namco screen.
- Press Select on controller 1 or 2 to freeze frame. Then press X on controller 1 or 2 to advance frame-by-frame. Press Select again to resume.
- In pitcher/batter view, hold R shoulder button and press A to end the half-inning.
- In field view, hold R shoulder button and press A to end the game.
- In field view, hold R shoulder button and move the D-Pad to control a baseball in play. For easy home runs, simply put the ball in the seats.
Hold one of the following buttons during bootup:
- R - default? unused?
- A - add debug display to the top of the screen. This is saved to SRAM, and will be in effect even after a reboot.
- B - remove debug display.
- Y - unknown management screen.
- X - enter TEST MODE.
This displays the map for each stadium. Use the D-Pad to scroll the screen, A button to toggle pitcher/batter view, and L and R shoulder buttons to cycle through stadiums. Press Start to exit.
This displays team stats. Use the D-Pad to scroll the screen, A button to switch pages, and L and R shoulder buttons to cycle through teams. Press Start to exit.
When debug mode is active, if the below memory addresses contain a non-zero value, error messages appear on the Namco screen.
- 7E07A8 - LEAGUE DAT ERROR
- 7E07AA - ORIPL DAT ERROR
- 7E07AC - OPTION DAT ERROR
Unknown debug mode check
The programming at SNES address $8085DE-8085E3 checks if the debug mode is active, but the following branch has a distance of zero, suggesting that the programming for this particular debug function was deleted.
When Pro Action Replay code 80800A01 or Game Genie code DF6D-446D is active on bootup, the build date December 20, 1994 appears on the Namco screen:
A grand total of four bytes were changed between the version 1.0 and 1.1 releases, three of which are just updates to the internal header. Only a single byte in the actual gameplay was changed.
hex offset/version 1.0/version 1.1 007FDB: 00 01 //internal header, version 007FDC: CC CA //internal header, checksum 007FDE: 33 35 //internal header, checksum 021CD9: 0D 0E //unknown
The SNES address for the last difference is $849CD9. It's likely a bug fix related to progression in season mode.
find where this byte is used
The Family Stadium series
|Arcade||Pro Yakyuu World Stadium|
|NES||R.B.I. Baseball • Pro Yakyuu: Family Stadium '87 • Pro Yakyuu: Family Stadium '88 • Famista '89 • Famista '90 • Famista '91 • Famista '92 • Famista '93 • Famista '94|
|SNES||Super Batter Up • Super Famista 4 • Super Famista 5|
|TurboGrafx-16||Pro Yakyuu World Stadium • Pro Yakyuu World Stadium '91|
|Nintendo 64||Famista 64|