Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
|Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World|
Also known as: Tales of Symphonia: Ratatosk no Kishi (JP)
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
The spin-off controversial sequel of the Tales series' GameCube title, with lower budget. It was re-released in 2013 for the PS3.
Some unused voice clips, surprisingly dubbed for the English release, hint at possible additional moves for all characters. Some of these moves are in the game, but unused.
All Artes including unused ones can be re-enabled by the following Ocarina/GeckoOS codes:
04482094 FD696924 04482998 000420F6
04481B24 FC202000 04481B28 00000063
- Richter: His Mystic Artes have been disabled when he's in your party, for obvious plot reasons, but they are still functional. He has a bunch of unused Artes for his playable appearance.
To enable all his regular artes, including the unused ones, use this code:
0448217C 2442C28A 04482180 00020801
To add his unused Mystic Artes in his moveset, you'll first need to enable this first code after the tutorial. To actually use them without crashing the game, you'll need to enable also the second code.
0627b280 0000001c 00020000 00000000 00000032 000a0001 00000000 80282b88 80282b88 00000000
284931EA 0000000B 4A000000 804E1E8C 284931F3 0000000B 4A000000 804E1EF0 284931FB 0000000B 4A000000 804E1F54 28493203 0000000B 4A000000 804E1FB8 DE000001 804E804F 58010000 00000000 DE000000 90009280 14002A4C 003c0033 10002A50 00070000 E0000000 80008000
A debug menu is still in the final game. It has a bunch of options. To access it from the title menu, through it is partially functional, use the Gecko code 0049352B 00000001.
Debug Map has more NPCs with debugging options.
- A monster sitting on the bottom left corner of the map triggers the first Battle tutorial.
- Marta, when talked to, says "The debbug menu starts by B+A while pushing C". She disappears afterwards, but the combination doesn't seem to function.
- The yellow NPC seems to affect Quests and Scenario Flags.
- The maid can heal you as if you were in an inn, give you gold, items; She can also level-up your party, change the element of your Sorcerer Ring, and unlock Recipes and items in Reference book.
- The blue-haired woman seems to act as a warp, but unfortunately it is no longer functional; same goes for the fifth NPC.
- The blonde NPC enables you to configure your party, including changing who is at the first slot: This may cause some unused battle cries to be used in the game.
North American Additions
- The ability to load cleared Tales of Symphonia game data to receive extra items and Gald at the beginning of the game. This also applies to the European version.
- The number of motion control shortcuts in battle has been increased from four to eight.
- Unlike the predecessor, the skits are now dubbed.
- After beating the game once, a Gallery Mode is unlocked which includes a Skits Library, and an Image Library with design sketches, illustrations, pack art, and more.
- The European release also contains new head accessories for Emil and Marta, which can be used to customize the characters in battle and also add special effects during fights.
The Tales series
|SNES||Tales of Phantasia|
|PlayStation||Tales of Destiny • Tales of Phantasia • Tales of Destiny II|
|Game Boy Color||Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon|
|Game Boy Advance||Tales of Phantasia • Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3|
|GameCube||Tales of Symphonia|
|PlayStation 2||Tales of Symphonia • Tales of Legendia • Tales of the Abyss|
|PlayStation 3||Tales of Xillia • Tales of Xillia 2|
|Nintendo DS||Tales of the Tempest • Tales of Innocence • Tales of Hearts • Keroro RPG|
|PlayStation Portable||Tales of Eternia • Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology • Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 • Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X|
|Xbox 360||Tales of Vesperia|
|Wii||Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World|
|iOS||Tales of Phantasia|
|Windows||Tales of Berseria|