Talk:Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
I read on TV Tropes about text relating to Hammer as a playable character. Anyone know anything about that? --Lilfut 10:24, 29 October 2012 (EDT)
- I read that too. I also noticed that using the Succubus glitch you can get every weapon, one of which is the Alucard Sword. Normally you can't get this as Soma. Even funnier is that it functions correctly and has its own menu description reading "Alucard's favourite sword". MightyKombat 19:32, 8 November 2012 (EST)
- I think it was a bit of unused text found in a dump...
Julius Belmont: You. Why are you here?
Hammer: Why? I'm here for Soma! My man's in trouble, I tell ya!
Julius Belmont: But it's of no concern to you.
Hammer: Heck yeah, it is! Soma's my pal, after all. Laying his life on the line for a pal... That's what a man does.
Julius Belmont: Wrong. An ordinary human is no match for a foe like this. Being a man has nothing to do with it.
Hammer: Hey, bud, I served in the military! I know weapons a whole lot better than you! And I'd like to think I've got enough sense to retreat if it gets too crazy.
Julius Belmont: Fine, then. But if you ever fear for your life, get out immediately, understood?
Hammer: Loud and clear. You have my word.
I got the info here, in case you would like to evaluate its authenticity: http://www.supercheats.com/nintendods/walkthroughs/castlevaniadawnofsorrow-walkthrough11.txt JackOLoser 21:53, 24 November 2012 (EST)
- There is another line that was missed. It would have been used for endgame, during the final battle.
Hammer: Soma!! What's the matter, huh? Snap out of it!
Soma Cruz: ...
Hammer: Damn it!
User:Kuro-chan 14:35, 3 December 2016 (EST)
I also found an unused Bare knuckles weapon with a "Bare fists" description. As you can imagine its just Soma punching without a weapon, so bleh. There's also Julius' Vampire Killer weapon but that doesn't have a description in the menu or a correct icon. MightyKombat 13:11, 2 December 2012 (EST)
Clearing things up
After some messing about I found you could get those Null souls via the Succubus glitch. And I've got to say, they're not really unused per se. They are in fact the special attacks used by the Julius Mode characters. The Bullet Bat soul is Alucard's Form of Bat and the pictured fire burst soul is Yoko's fire spell. I've come to this conclusion because the other Null souls are Yoko's other spells and Julius' cross subweapon and Grand Cross move. So its so much unused as "glitched moves from other modes". About the only truly unused thing I can note is the Alucard Sword as a weapon for Soma complete with menu description. MightyKombat 19:44, 13 November 2012 (EST)
- Thank you everyone for your help! I added all of the information here to the main page. Sorry if the info I put wasn't actual unused content. I personally hate placeholder pages. I'm happy this awesome game gets a proper page in this wiki! Montas1992 05:20, 25 November 2012 (EST)
- You're welcome. Also the Julius souls don't show up in the Enemy Set menu, ergo you can't use them there as enemies. MightyKombat 13:11, 2 December 2012 (EST)
- From what I able to work with, all four characters (Soma, Julius, Yoko and Alucard) can use all 53 bullet souls. For Julius and Yoko, it results in some amusing animations when using Alucard's Bat transformation.
- Guardian and Enchant souls each have their own slots for currently equipped souls (Soma) and their values start at 0, so there is no continuation from the Bullet souls list. It is not possible to equip souls in different lists, since each lists pulls their numbers from a unique list.
- As a note, the starting 0's for each soul list is: Bullet - Puppet Master, Guardian - Flying Armor, Enchant - GolemUser:Kuro-chan 14:35, 3 December 2016 (EST)
Odds and ends
Does the Warakiya staff used by Yoko have an unused Soma version like the Alucard Sword and Vampire Killer do? Also, what animation does Soma use for the whip, since it doesn't really match up with any of the other weapon animations? --Lilfut 12:07, 26 February 2013 (EST)
- I'm guessing that there is no Soma-style unused Wallachia wand since the staff itself appears to be a part of yoko's sprites rather than a separate effect like Alucard's sword or Julius' whip. As for the Vampire Killer, it looks like it might be his rapier-weapon animation combined with heavy weapon swing. MightyKombat 14:09, 26 February 2013 (EST)
- I found a (shit quality) video that shows it with the rapier animation, the whip looks oddly disconnected. If someone can get a high-quality recording of it it should be added to the page. --Lilfut 14:13, 26 February 2013 (EST)