Talk:JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Arcade)
Anyone want to help me rip sprites?
I am loading it up in MAME and print-screening a whole lot of this.
So should we want to note that Enya and Cameo were put into the PSX version's Super Story Mode? MightyKombat 00:05, 17 August 2011 (EDT)
- I will talk about it at some point but I want to focus on content cut from this version of the game. If they had data of it in these files, it was meant for this game originally. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by DJLC (talk • contribs)
- Alright then. I have no idea about Joseph's exclamations though. I should also note that Enya's name was changed to N-Yah amongst other renames to avoid copyright complications with famous musicians (The vampire Vanilla Ice comes to mind.) As for Kameo though, no idea either. MightyKombat 01:16, 17 August 2011 (EDT)
- BTW, is there any unused sprites for Gray Fly/Tower of Gray? Since we found Enya and Cameo's stuff in there I have an inkling there might be some Gray Fly stuff in there as well. MightyKombat 12:13, 17 August 2011 (EDT)
- Oh yeah, I just don't know I'm going to represent them seeing how there is a lot of them and I have no idea if I want them animated or not.
- There is still a LOT to dig up but its really just time consuming. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by DJLC (talk • contribs)
- Okay. Sure got me interested in this game again. MightyKombat 17:28, 17 August 2011 (EDT)
What would be great is if someone helps us rip sprites while decompiling the files. If anyone knows how to do stuff like that, please let me know. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by DJLC (talk • contribs)
That ice sprite is one of Iceman's attacks. It is used in the numerous X Men vs series and other Capcom games that feature him. Probably left over from another engine that this was based on. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Torentsu (talk • contribs)
- Ok that makes a lot of sense, there are also some of the Octagonal ice ball sprites in there as well. -DJLC
More Digging Soon
I am going to start looking digging more stuff out of the game again as I've been busy with the first week of school. I am sitting on a back catalog of info, just looking for time to put it all up. I am not close to being done with this at all. -DJLC: 12:50 PM Aug 26th
I am nearly at the end of discovering stuff for this game but I still have a lot to do to get it all up here. I am still deciding how I'm going to upload some of these sprites because there are tons of Grey Fly and Zombie sprites. -DJLC
I'm going to start uploading stuff back onto the site. I found more grey fly stuff that's actually in the game and I've got some people to help me rip sprites. I also have more unused sprites that I'm just going to upload and I'm fairly sure they aren't used. -DJLC 5:15pm Sept 26th
And Yet More Stuff
Some things I know are present that aren't yet on the page:
More unused character sprites (aforementioned Grey Fly sprite, the B&W death comic book scan, there's at least one or two Kameo/Cameo sprites, at least one unused sound (http://supmatt.standcrash.com/wtfchallenger.wav - jedpossum said it's in Venture as well). Also Death13 has at least one attack that I don't think I've ever seen him use as the AI, N'dul has a bunch of specials (with sprites but maybe not animations) that aren't ever used in the minigame stage, etc. Through debug you can play as Boss Dio/Iced which doesn't reveal much (Dio plays the same, just diff sprite unless you do attacks boss-dio never uses) but Iced has a few hints like a different throw animation if I remember correctly.
Also worth noting that the weird young joseph sprite (with Old Joseph clothing) is how he appears in the PS1 jojo 1.5 game. If mechanics are relevant, N'dul always dies in one hit, and Death 13 glitches a lot on >1 round settings (I think? Something like that, it's been a while). --Fayk 15:57, 26 January 2012 (EST)
I've found a metric fuck ton of unused sounds that I will make a new page for it soon. -DJLC
"しんどう" means "Vibration". --Jay "The Brain" Mann 15:48, 11 February 2012 (EST)
Hey, I can tell a lot of work was put into sorting this page out, but do you think we can just make spaces for unused graphics, then characters, etc rather than just having it all in a long list?
Also, is there any way we could just have the sprites/animations without all the debug stuff around them? It would be much more convenient and it would match our formatting with other pages. Sushimon2001 (talk) 00:13, 25 June 2015 (EDT)
Playing as Boss DIO and Vanilla Ice/Iced
So, a while back, a YouTube user by the name of "Krizalid99" posted a couple of videos from this game, showing off the boss forms of Vanilla Ice (Iced) and DIO. While the "Boss" version of Ice(d) is, apparently, a completely different character from the playable version, apparently, the boss form of DIO – which is a "weaker" DIO, still wearing his jacket – is, apparently, a bit toggle. There are a few differences between the playable and "boss" versions of these characters, but not a bit of it has been documented here.
Now, getting Ice(d) to work is no real challenge, since the codes are widely available. Krizalid either lost the bit toggle for "boss" DIO or just didn't want to give it up, at the time, so that's a bit more difficult. Regardless, I'm just kind of wondering why neither of these "characters" are documented alongside N'Doul and Gray Fly.
(I also have no idea if any of this applies to JoJo's Venture, since no one bothered making character codes for that. Yet.)
- Shadow Dio had an error in his ending, where one of the text shown is taken from Young Joseph's intro. I think we may have a possible missing text here. --ZeroTheEro (talk) 09:43, 7 September 2019 (EDT)
"Playstation Button" Text
I meant to post this a long time ago and forgot but those aren't unused! They're at least used as part of one of Devo's winquotes, specifically the one about biting off Polnareff's タマキン, with the characters acting as a censor to the word. I'm not certain this is used in both games however, as I haven't gotten it to show up in Heritage before I stopped testing. --Robinemimimmi (talk) 23:16, 10 September 2022 (UTC)