Talk:Sonic Generations (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows)
What are the original filenames? - Andlabs 18:14, 14 June 2012 (EDT)
- The original filename is the filename of the picture without "SONICGENERATIONS" or "Sonicgenerations" in it, I only put that in there for Uploading reasons. - DarkLeach7 14:22, 24 June 2012 (PST)
Where is the "reddog" folder hidden? Also does the game have special videos as tutorials? There are files in the game's "movie" folder that say Tutorial_LightDash.sfd, Tutorial_Stomping.sfd, and Tutorial_TriangleJump.sfd. I haven't 100%'d the game yet, but I'm pretty sure that there's no instance of a triangle jump (a move from Heroes, here it could be just a misnomer for wall jump), and I never got video tutorials for light-dashing and stomping. I just can't open the files though, I don't know how.
Yes, the game asks you if you want to see them before some Act 2 stages, so they aren't unused. --Verne94 04:25, 9 September 2012 (EDT)
- Even though the page doesn't relate to this Game, it does contain an SFD-to-MPG converter (at the very bottom of the page) if you need it. http://bit.ly/QwJQtA --DarkLeach7 07:10, 9 September 2012 (PST)
- Actually, VLC works too with the major part of SFD video game movies.--Verne94 11:57, 9 September 2012 (EDT)
- Aren't SFD files some sort of MPEG-based video format or something? That would explain why VLC could read them. // Foxhack 13:24, 9 September 2012 (EDT)
Unused object layout
Some Youtube videos about unused object layout in Sky Sanctuary Act 2' missions: Could this be the layout from a beta stage? --Verne94 13:58, 2 July 2013 (EDT)
Demo mode still exists in the full version
Replace "ApplicationSetting.lua" script in #Application.ar.00 with the following one to enable the demo mode.
function applicationSetting() AppSetting_Integer("SignIn", 0); AppSetting_Integer("SaveLoad", 0); AppSetting_Integer("OnlineMode", 0); AppSetting_Integer("DisableOnlineTime", 1); AppSetting_String("DemoKind", "Demo"); AppSetting_String("DemoDistribution", "Trial_Ver2"); end
DemoDistribution parameter "Trial_Ver2" can be replaced with "Trial_Ver1" which will disable Act select screen and Modern level, just like that old demo.
I figured it out from the hex dump of original ApplicationSetting.lua, ApplicationSettingDebug.lua, and the game's executable. If I can get the plain text Lua files from Console versions, maybe I can try to dig more... Purplebridge001 (talk) 06:02, 13 January 2014 (EST)
- More info of DemoDistribution parameter:
|PressTour||N/A||Crash after 20th anniversary screen|
|E3_Front||Green Hill Act1&2||Used in public E3 demo|
|E3_Backyard||City Escape Act1&2||Used in private E3 demo|
|GamesCom1||Green Hill Act1&2||Same as E3_Front, possibly for Gamescom event|
|GamesCom2||City Escape Act1&2||Same as E3_Backyard, possibly for Gamescom event|
|GamesCom3||Rooftop Run Act1&2||The only demo to feature Rooftop Run, possibly for Gamescom event|
|TGS||Green Hill Act1&2||Same as E3_Front, possibly for Tokyo Game Show|
|Trial_Ver1||Green Hill Act1||Time-limited console demo|
|Trial_Ver2||Green Hill Act1&2||The final version demo|
- Could you create a mod for SonicGMI to play these demo modes, or just upload the #Application.ar.00 file modified? --Verne94 (talk) 03:46, 12 February 2014 (EST)
Is it really worth mentioning Framerate?
The page has a section saying the game runs at 60 FPS when the computer can handle it while the console verisons were limited to 30 FPS and had slowdown. Is this really worth mentioning? If PC versions of games having an improved framerate counts as some kind of hidden feature then this section could be on many, many pages ranging from Daikatana to modern Tomb Raider. --Heran Bago (talk) 10:30, 4 December 2014 (EST)
The below was on the main page at one point, but was removed by BMF. I'm putting this here for the sake of reference, albeit slightly edited to fix spelling errors and the third YouTube link.
- A prototype ISO of Sonic Generations (360) has been found. This version of the game however, has (what we assume) a different voice for Sonic (closely relating to Sonic Colors even with "READY GO!!"), Beta GHZ Music (with no FXD effect oddly) And a slightly different layout for Modern Green Hill. The proto ISO has .VOB files within them. There is no way of extracting these (as of right now, anyway). Gameplay can be seen here.
- QTE exist in Demo 1 (and possibly the proto), however Sonic Team fully removed the activation code in Demo 2 and the Final. It may be possible to restore it in the final game. This can be seen here.
- Sonic Generations was also going to have a changeable HUD but this only existed in Demo 1's option menu. This was removed in the final. It can be seen here.