If you've blocked our ad, please consider unblocking it.
We promise it isn't annoying. No flash, no sound, ever.
Talk:Super Mario Bros. 3/Unused graphics
I've recently discovered that the left/right and upwards facing Mario map sprites are actually not entirely unused. If you get a game over, then continue, Mario spins across the map back to the Start panel. This also explains why there are no similar sprites for the other suits: They're only used after getting a game over. That said, given their relative obscurity, they're probably still worth mentioning on the page. -YK 17:36, 13 December 2010 (EST)
Unused Frog Mario Sprite
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5237238/SMB3UnusedFrog.png I came across this unused Frog Mario Sprite in the game's data.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5237238/SMB3UnusedFrogCHR.png Here's what it looked like in the data.(highlighted in green)Geno2925 21:26, 23 April 2013 (EDT)
- What does Mario normally look like when going down pipes, both unpowered and in his various suits? Does he face forward like this? --Celice 06:25, 12 March 2013 (EDT)
- Yes, but when as Frog Mario, he stands upright.
- Also, sorry, I forgot to sign that previous post.Geno2925 08:12, 12 March 2013 (EDT)
Toad Suit (?)
BMF's original TCRF lists an unused sprite of a Toad that looks like it would have been a suit... but it's not on this site. WhoIAm 15:03, 23 April 2013 (EDT)
- It's the Hammer Suit that pops out of a large ? block in one of the worlds. -- Xkeeper (talk) 15:06, 23 April 2013 (EDT)
Hello thereǃ As a translator of this wonderful website,I was thinking of finishing the Super Mario Bros. 3 pages. So,can I add the Translate thingy into the page? --Darkluigi1808 (talk) 12:54, 5 December 2015 (EST)
New unused graphics discovered
So, the latest episode of Shesez' Boundary Break episode revealed an unused tile found to the right of the throne room, which you would normally never be able to see. These should probably be added to the page if they're actually unused. Anton Cool Guy (talk) 14:56, 8 April 2017 (EDT)
Unused Goomba sprite theory.
I think the unused ending Goomba sprite was probably meant to appear alongside the Praying Koopa in the Sky Land part of the ending, which seems pretty likely to me, considering they both have closed eyes. I also think it was removed because there wasn't any place to put it on the screen. --Anton Cool Guy (talk) 07:36, 2 June 2017 (EDT)
- Unless you have some actual evidence (e.g. leftover sprite placement data) to back this up, other than "seems pretty likely to me", it's just baseless speculation and thus doesn't belong on the page. --BMF54123 (talk) 00:56, 3 June 2017 (EDT)