Looking at the sprites people ripped on The Spriters Resources, I noticed a few microgame sprites that are unused.
- Bedside Manners has a sprite of Wario clutching his stomach while wearing a shirt. Unlike his used, shirtless sprites, his skin is not rendered with a shader (the shader is used so his skin turns blue as you move the stethoscope closer to the part of his body that's aching). This, along with the fact that there's only a sprite for the skinny Wario on Level 1 with seemingly no variations for the fat Wario on Level 2 or the buff Wario on Level 3, suggests that the intended purpose of the sprite was abandoned early on.
- Crossing Guard has two sprites of a boy in an inner tube. I guess you would've had to bring boys in the water on land, but maybe Nintendo thought that was too complex/difficult?
- Kitty Cover has sprites for a more detailed cat. These could be for some rare alternate variation of the microgame, like how Rocky Road has an variant where the couple is old, but I haven't seen one for Kitty Cover yet, and it'd be a really odd choice for one.
There may be some more microgames with unused sprites, but this is everything notable I could find for now. Feel free to check for any more, though! --ShootingStar7X (talk) 19:50, 13 October 2018 (EDT)
- In case nobody got back to you about this last year, I have confirmed that the more detailed cat does indeed appear in Kitty Cover as a random variant graphic in the finished game, and both cats even appear in Wario Kard under the names "Stray Cat" and "Tiger Cub"!
- Wario Kard was actually why I first landed on this page, for leaving in the mushroom graphic that Salad Daze changed. I'll add a note about that now if that's all right... --Bag of Magic Food (talk) 18:19, 12 February 2020 (EST)