Tetris: The Grand Master 3 - Terror Instinct
|Tetris: The Grand Master 3 - Terror Instinct|
This game has a prerelease article
Tetris: The Grand Master 3 - Terror Instinct edges closer to the Tetris guidelines than previous games in the series, while still proving to be brutally difficult in the endgame.
let's go better
Mihara's Debug Code
investigate other directions and buttons when selecting mode, if they do something it's not immediately obvious.
Much like in the previous entry in the series, there is a debug code that was left in the release. In free play mode, you must hold A and B at the title screen, press Start, log into a profile named MII with the password ABABDC, and hold the D+C inputs until the OK appears. The following effects are now active for the player:
- Saving for any account and creation of new accounts are disabled until the machine is rebooted.
- Holding Start when a tetromino locks clears the bottom four lines regardless of their composition.
- Pressing the C button jumps to the end of the current section (99, 199, 299, etc.).
- Holding Up in the pause after selecting a mode forces a promotion exam one higher than your current qualified rank.
- Holding Down in the pause after selecting a mode forces a demotion exam.
Unused Sound Effects
All of TGM3's sound effects are stored as .wav files in the SE subdirectory under the data folder.
One of the hallmarks of every TGM installment is the robotic announcer that says "Ready, go!" before every single game. This unused version of the "Ready.." sound is higher quality and has a noticeable echo, but the final game uses a lower quality version named ready.wav.
Same as above, but for the "go!" sound effect - the final game uses go.wav.
An unused, higher quality version of the siren sound that plays when you're in danger of topping out that doesn't quite loop properly. The final game uses the wonderfully named file silen.wav instead.
A slightly lower pitched version of the game over sound from the previous game in the series.
Hold sound plays only in IHS (SEB_prehold).
Grades are hidden in this game, therefore this goes unused.