The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, Wii)
|The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon|
Developer: Étranges Libellules
This game has uncompiled source code.
The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon is the third, conclusive installment to the Legend of Spyro trilogy. This page covers the original console release.
| Shader Source Code|
Some shader code can be found in the PlayStation 3 version.
Early Splash Video
Found in PS3_GAME\USRDIR\MOVIE\00 is an early Sierra/Étranges Libellules splash video, named PS3_002.VID. It contains an earlier logo for Étranges Libellules. This is not present in other versions of the game, where a video with 002 in the filename is missing from the folder.
Document their location in the files, what version(s?) they appear in (these were ripped from the Xbox 360 release, see if they appear in more) and upload the rips here. These YouTube videos should suffice for the time being though.
Some unused/scrapped dialogue for several major characters have been discovered and uploaded onto YouTube in 2021. Here they are:
Three previously unreleased cheat codes have been discovered in the game by some fans. These can be enabled in the pause menu:
|Unlimited Fury||Hold Z/L1/LB, then press Left, Down, Down, Up, Up||Grants you unlimited fury without the armor you get in the game which enables this.|
|Disable HUD||Hold Z/L2/LT, then press Down, Left, Right, Right, Right||Disables the HUD in-game.|
|Unknown Cheat||Hold Z/L2/LT, then press Down, Right, Left, Left, Left||Changes a value in memory, however what the effect is remains to be discovered.|
PS3/X360 vs PS2/Wii
- The PS2/Wii version have lower quality models and textures.
- Video files are of lower resolution on PS2/Wii. Cutscenes are 512x192 with an audio sample rate of 22000hz on that release while the PS3/X360 release is a higher quality 1280x544 resolution with an audio sample rate of 44100hz.
- The PlayStation 2 release is the only one that doesn't target 60fps. The other versions, however, do.
- The PS3 release supports more languages than the PS2 version.
- Sparx's eyes bug out during the cutscene in Valley of Avalar, when you rescue Meadow, in the PS2/Wii release. In addition, Sparx's gameplay model sometimes appears when returning with Meadow soon after. This does not happen in the PS3/X360 release.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Étranges Libellules S.A. - MobyGames - MobyGames, April 13th, 2011
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon – Release Details
Cleanup > Pages missing date references
Cleanup > To do
Games > Games by content > Games with uncompiled source code
Games > Games by content > Games with unused cinematics
Games > Games by content > Games with unused sounds
Games > Games by developer > Games developed by Étranges Libellules
Games > Games by platform > PlayStation 2 games
Games > Games by platform > PlayStation 3 games
Games > Games by platform > Wii games
Games > Games by platform > Xbox 360 games
Games > Games by publisher > Games published by Vivendi Games
Games > Games by release date > Games released in 2008
Games > Games by series > Spyro series