The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks/English Translation Differences
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a sub-page of The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks.
Any names after the "/" are UK names.
Lines in which its only differences is having British terms will be mainly omitted. Such examples include:
- Not adding a serial comma before "and" or "or".
- Not adding a dot after an abbreviation (For example, writing "Mr." as "Mr").
- Adding a comma or a period outside of quotation marks rather than inside quotation marks.
- Having different names for characters, items, and/or places.
- Whenever Link has an option to reply, replies that have a period at the end in the US version were removed in the UK version.
- Certain text words (such as items) are colored differently in the US and UK versions. For example, during the part where Link gets his engineer's certificate from Zelda, the US version doesn't color the words "engineer's certificate", while the UK version colors these words.
- Whenever a person leaves their signature at the end of a letter with a hyphen, the US version uses 2 hyphens while the UK version uses 1 hyphen.
- Sentences that use "--" in the US version as interruption symbols are replaced with other symbols such as a "," or "..." in the UK version.
- Sentences that use "--" in the US version to separate words and/or sentences are replaced with other punctuation symbols such as a " - ", ".", or a "!" in the UK version. This also sometimes causes the sentence that follows it to have the first letter of the sentence to be capitalized.
| Side Quests|