The Sims 2: Pets (Game Boy Advance)
|The Sims 2: Pets|
The fourth and final Sims game on the Game Boy Advance. Also the only Sims game developed by Artificial Mind and Movement.
Setting the memory address of the US ROM to x20006C9 to 0E and leaving the area will enter the player-Sim into a small area intended for a scrapped end-of-game cutscene. Baked into the map for this area are all the NPCs (excluding the cashiers and receptionists) circling a dirt patch by the Barkersville Companion Club. On top of this patch would've been a statue of the player-Sim, as the planned dialogue (from address x1DEE884 of the US ROM onward) reveals:
- Evan: Hi, (player-Sim name).
- Player-Sim: Hi, Evan. Good to see you.
- Evan: Would you come with me for a moment? There's something we want to show you.
- Player-Sim: Me? Us?
- Evan: It's a surprise. Come with me to the BCC.
- Player-Sim: OK.
- Evan: It's an impressive sight, isn't it, (player-Sim name)?
- Player-Sim: Wow, everyone's here!
- Evan: What else do you see?
- Player-Sim: Is that a statue...of me?
- Evan: Yes, it is. This is a Barkersville tradition: we place a statue of our greatest citizen in front of the BCC as a way of saying "Thank You" for making Barkersville a better place for Sims and their pets.
- Player-Sim: Thank you! I'm overwhelmed!
- Corina(??): (player-Sim name), you have done it all.
- Celina(?): You have the most beautiful home in Barkersville.
- Marcellus: Yar, full of treasures that would make any pirate proud.
- Terence(?): You have a marvelous relationship with your pet.
- Amy: You're the best pet walker I've ever seen.
- Otis: You're by far the best animal trainer that anyone has seen in competition.
- Jade: We're considering renaming the Barkersville Companion Club after you, but it's not just my decision, you understand.
- Hugo(??): So, we decided to do something else to celebrate you.
- Raphael: To honor your great artistry with animals, and for bringing so much beauty Barkersville and its artists.
- Davon(?): Something that shows how much you've done for the pets in Barkersville.
- Kirk: Something that shows the world how much you rock.
- Joane(?): Something that shows how grateful we are that you've decided to live here.
- Evan(?): It's as if everyone here read my thoughts, Sim [sic]. We got together and built this...
- Elza(?): ...a gold statue of you in the Town Square. So bright that it can be seen from the stars.
- Player-Sim: I couldn't have done it without all of you. Barkersville is the best place for Sims like us!
- The End
Memory address x200C8B8 of both the US and EU ROMs determines the currently playing soundtrack. It can be changed to 38 different tracks (including 00 for silence), four of which are unused.
Pressing the A + B + Start + Select buttons simultaneously will reset the game back to the "Warning – Health and Safety" screen in both the US and EU ROMs. This feature is not documented in the game's manual.
| Unused Dialogue|
Sep 15 2006 16:09:16
Sep 14 2006 09:39:39
Appearing a few times across the ROM are references to various debug features. Starting at x1DBE6D4 of both the US and EU ROMs, for example:
Not the right Cutscene! DEBUG: verify u16 CutsceneDatabase in GameSpecifics.c Unlock Pet Commands Complete No Ongoing Quest Rel. Simoleons Game Speed Teleport Perfect Sim
At x1DC7EF4 of the US ROM (x1DC8284 of the EU ROM):
DEBUG. This part of the quest is complete.
At x734A8 of the US ROM (x734A8 of the EU ROM):
Level MapX MapY Fx Player Music Player Obj Viewer Asset Viewer Cutscene Start Day Selection Normal Boot
GAX Sound Engine
At x3DE4A8 of the US ROM (x3DE838 of the EU ROM):
GAX Sound Engine 3.05A (Aug 16 2004) © Shin'en Multimedia. Code: B.Wodok
Bernhard Wodok is not listed in the credits for the game.
At x3DE5F4 of the US ROM (x3DE984 of the EU ROM) are all the function names and error strings that can be thrown by the Engine:
GAX2_INIT OUT OF MEMORY GAX2_NEW PARAMS ARG IS NULL GAX2_NEW_FX FXPARAMS ARG IS NULL WHEN USING DIFFERENT FX_MIXING_RATE, FLAG GAX_FX_REVERB AND GAX_HALFRATE_FX ARE NOT ALLOWED. GAX2_JINGLE GAX_NO_JINGLE FLAG IS SET GAX_IRQ GAX_PLAY HAS NOT FINISHED BEFORE GAX_IRQ. USE LOWER MIXING RATE OR LESS FX CHANNELS OR PUT GAX_PLAY IN VBLANK IRQ. GAX_FX YOU TRIED TO PLAY A SPEECH FX BUT HAVE NOT USED THE GAX_SPEECH FLAG WITH GAX2_INIT. GAX2_FX FXPARAMS->FXID IS GAX_DEFAULT GAX_RESTORE_FX BUF ARG IS NULL GAX ENGINE V3.05A Aug 16 2004 EXCEPTION. PROGRAM HALT. FUNCTION:
Composer credits for Martin Schioeler located throughout the middle of the ROM.
"MX_CAS" © Martin Schioeler "MX_MBB" © Martin Schioeler "MX_CPT" © Martin Schioeler "MX_DTD02" © Martin Schioeler "MX_SCS" © Martin Schioeler "MX_SES" © Martin Schioeler "MX_CA102" © Martin Schioeler "MX_CA203" © Martin Schioeler "MX_CA303" © Martin Schioeler "MX_CA403" © Martin Schioeler "MX_CA503" © Martin Schioeler "MX_CA603" © Martin Schioeler "MX_RD102" © Martin Schioeler "MX_RD202" © Martin Schioeler "MX_RD302" © Martin Schioeler "MX_RD402" © Martin Schioeler "MX_RD503" © Martin Schioeler "MX_TV1" © Martin Schioeler "MX_TV2" © Martin Schioeler "MX_TV3" © Martin Schioeler "MX_TV4" © Martin Schioeler "MX_TV5" © Martin Schioeler "MX_PPD02" © Martin Schioeler "MX_JSMB" © Martin Schioeler "MX_AH" © Martin Schioeler "MX_PS03" © Martin Schioeler "MX_K" © Martin Schioeler "MX_DTN" © Martin Schioeler "MX_C03" © Martin Schioeler "MX_ZZZ" © Martin Schioeler "MX_PPN02" © Martin Schioeler "Mx_TS02" © Martin Schioeler "MX_CVM02" © Martin Schioeler "MX_CPP02" © Martin Schioeler "MX_SC" © Martin Schioeler "MX_SPS" © Martin Schioeler "Mx_TS03" © Martin Schioeler
Like Wodok, Schioeler is not listed in the credits.