Top Gear 2 (SNES)
|Top Gear 2|
This game has regional differences.
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
Top Gear 2 is the sequel to the first game.
This string is located at 0x3FD37 and 0x97193 in the US ROM:
Besides the obvious title change, "Licensed by Nintendo" has been removed. The Japanese logo also slides in rather than being stationary.
- In the US version, you choose "START" to start the game, whereas in the Japanese and European versions, you choose "RACE GAME".
- The Japanese and European versions have the speed set to KM/H by default, while the US version has it set to MPH.
- The JP and EU versions changed "CONTINUE COUNTRY" to "COUNTRY SELECT".
- In the Japanese version "AUSTRALASIA" was changed to "AUSTRALIA". This was likely a mistake on the part of the localization team, as Auckland is located in New Zealand (part of Australasia/Oceania), not Australia. The European version also has a mistake when converting miles to kilometers leaving the same values as the US version rather than the correct values, this was fixed in the Japanese version.
- "DIFFICULTY" was changed to "GAME LEVEL", and the options themselves were renamed:
|The Top Gear series|
|SNES||Top Gear • Top Gear 2 • Top Gear 3000|
|Genesis||Top Gear 2|
|Game Boy Color||Top Gear Pocket 2|
|Nintendo 64||Top Gear Rally • Top Gear Rally 2 • Top Gear Overdrive • Top Gear Hyper-Bike|
|Game Boy Advance||Top Gear Rally|
|Nintendo DS||Super Speed Machines (Top Gear: Downforce)|