Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (Arcade)
|Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3|
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3: The World of Kombat expansion pack!
The EJB Menu is an alternate test menu that can be accessed through this button code in attract mode (identical to Mortal Kombat 3):
1P Block (×5), 2P Block (×10), 1P Block (×3), 2P Block, 1P Block (×2), 2P Block (×2), 1P Block (×3), 2P Block (×3)
Put the following MAME code in umk3.xml to simplify the code to 2P Block (×3):
<cheat desc="Simplified EJB Code"> <script state="run"> <action>maincpu.mw@006C07E=0A00</action> </script> </cheat>
- Diagnostics Tests: Identical to normal test menu.
- Coin Bookkeeping: Identical to normal test menu.
- Game Audits: Acts like the normal test menu with an additional page with five new audits:
- Sec Chip Failure
- MK Locks
- System Lock Ups
- Illegal Opcodes
- Volume Adjust: Identical to normal test menu.
- Credits: Displays the ULTIMATE game credits.
- Enter Initials: Jumps to the high score initials screen. The number of wins seems to be random, but it increases every time.
- Penacho/Miller Game: Jumps to that Galaga-type minigame.
- Enable Hiddens: Unlocks Mileena, Ermac, and Classic Sub-Zero.
- Disable Hiddens: Like in the normal test menu, this locks the three hidden characters back up.
- Fatality Demonstration: Plays the long "Supreme Demonstration" of Fatalities, Animalities, Babalities, and Friendshipalities.
- Error Report Test: Exits the menu. This probably worked on test units, but it doesn't appear to do anything in the final game.
Through cheat codes it's possible to control Noob Saibot. He seems to be half complete in this game: he can be controlled by the player without the game crashing (unlike in Mortal Kombat 3) and even has his own combos, although the button inputs are all identical to Kano's. However, he doesn't have his own special moves, fatalities, or ending text (he uses Human Smoke's). While controlling Noob Saibot, all fights will be set in Noob's Dorfen.
Noob Saibot is playable in the WaveNet version of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. He was also made normally playable in the SNES and Genesis ports of the game, where he has his own unique special moves and ending, along with a different set of combos.
Yep, more red herrings! All text is found in chip um312u.bin, interleaved.
Audits and Transformations
"SHAWN ATTACKS" is still here, as is this string at 0x033EA4:
JOHHNY CAGE TRANSFORMATION ACTIVATED
KOMBAT ZONE: THE BANK
A leftover from Mortal Kombat 3. The Bank was cut from this game.
Found at 0x033EF2. The game team's habit of making up -alities continues.
HYPER FATALITY !!
RAIN WINS found at 0x33E2A
Fake win text? Yes please. Starts at 0x033E70:
JOHNNY CAGE LOSES BIG TIME !! TOBIAS WINS BOON WINS
Character Endings Menu
Leftover text from Mortal Kombat 3, which had an ending viewer in its EJB menu. Text starts at 0x070964:
CHARACTER ENDINGS KANO SONYA NIGHTWOLF SUB-ZERO STRYKER SINDEL SEKTOR CYRAX KUNG LAO KABAL SHEEVA SHANG TSUNG LIU KANG SMOKE
A number of different versions of UMK3 were released over time. UMK3 was a continuation of Mortal Kombat 3's revisions and updates.
Perform additional research.
- Added the new UMK3 characters - Jade, Kitana, Mileena, Scorpion, Reptile, Ermac, Classic Sub-Zero, Rain, and Human Smoke!
- Robot Smoke is now a normal, non-secret character.
- Added the new UMK3 stages - Scorpion's Lair, Jade's Desert, Kahn's Kave, River Kombat, and Scislac Busorez!
- Improved the computer AI.
- Added the 4 Player 2 on 2 Mode and 8 Player Tournament Modes.
- Added jump-in Combo starters.
- Removed the Bank and Smoke's Portal stages.
- Added the 2nd Master tower.
- Added Endurance Rounds to both Master towers.
- Added a new stage fatality for Scorpion's Lair.
- "Winner fights Smoke" Kombat Kode altered to use Human Smoke instead of Robot Smoke.
- Shang Tsung's morph now plays an announcer voice-over naming the character he transformed into.
- The Supreme Demonstration icon in Shao Kahn's Treasures is now only selectable through the 8-man tournament.
- CPU Pattern Fixed.
- Various bug fixes.
- Added more Kombat Kodes.
Specify what the new Kombat Codes are.
This version has not been dumped. Information may be based on hearsay. YMMV!
This revision never made it past location testing in Chicago and San Francisco.
- Added experimental online multiplayer via a dedicated T1 line connected to Midway HQ.
- Added playable Noob Saibot.
- Added anti-infinite protection, limiting amount of times a move can be done in a combo.
- Added goofy "Hall of Fame" easter-egg.