Ultimate Soccer Manager '98
|Ultimate Soccer Manager '98|
Ultimate Soccer Manager '98 is a rather in-depth soccer manager game where the objective is to lead your club to financial success and wins.
On the underground garage screen you can save, load, exit and restart. Apparently there was supposed to be a resign feature, and a sound for when you do any of those things on that screen but the final game does not play a sound except for when you enter the screen. The unused sound files have an .old file extension despite actually being .wav files.
The German version, titled DSF Fußballmanager 98-99, had pretty much all German club and player names altered probably due to licensing problems. Examples:
|Original version||DSF Fußballmanager 98-99|
|Fc Schalke 04
Fc Bayern München
|Fc Schelki 04|
Fc Beyirn Münchin
There seems to be a 97/98 and a 98/99 version. The game received updates.
- This version is the original 97/98 version.
- This seems to be the 98/99 version.
- Fixes a bug that causes the game to crash during the 8th season.
- Fixes some bugs related to video cards and processors.
- There exist unofficial patches that aim to keep the game up to date with the real world and add new features.