This is a sub-page of User:Mr. Kite.
|This article is a work in progress.|
...Well, all the articles here are, in a way. But this one moreso, and the article may contain incomplete information and editor's notes.
Any names after the "/" are UK names.
Lines in which its only differences is having British terms will be mainly omitted. Such examples include:
- Not adding a serial comma before "and" or "or".
- Not adding a dot after an abbreviation (For example, writing "Mr." as "Mr").
- Adding a comma or a period outside of quotation marks rather than inside quotation marks.
- Having different names for characters, items, and/or places.
- Whenever Link has an option to reply, replies that have a period at the end in the US version were removed in the UK version.
- Certain text words (such as items) are colored differently in the US and UK versions. For example, during the part where Link get's his engineer's certificate from Zelda, the US version doesn't color the words "engineer's certificate", while in the UK version they are.
- Whenever a person leaves their signature at the end of a letter with a hyphen, the US version uses 2 hyphens while the UK version uses 1 hyphen.
- Sentences that use "--" in the US version as interruption symbols are replaced with other symbols such as a "," or "..." in the UK version.
- Sentences that use "--" in the US version to separate words and/or sentences are replaced with other punctuation symbols such as a " - " (space between the dash), ".", or a "!" in the UK version. This also sometimes causes the sentence that follows it to have the first letter of the sentence to be capitalized.