Ys III: Wanderers from Ys (TurboGrafx-CD)
|...But what does it mean?|
This game has text or audio that needs to be translated. If you are fluent with this language, please read our translation guidelines and then
|Ys III: Wanderers from Ys|
Special Passwords (Japan)
- こくぶまさあきせんせい - Enables in-game menu debugging functions.
- よしのずい - Enables option menu on save game load screen (and also 85 additional save game slots).
- くまもとじよう - Enables in-game pause functionality activated by holding down the Run button.
Below is a video showcasing the effects of the こくぶまさあきせんせい and よしのずい passwords in several areas of the game.
Special Passwords (US)
At the title screen, select "Continue", then select "Input the password" and select any save game slot.
Enter a special password, and then hit "end". A special complex sound effect will play, along with a warning message about it being a wrong password; select the "No" option.
- AALLFFAA - Enables in-game menu debugging functions.
- FFAALLCCOOMM - Enables "Option" menu on save game load screen (and also apparently additional save game slots).
- HHUUDDSSOONN - Enables in-game pause functionality activated by holding down the Run button.
Menu Debug Functions
Bring up the menu in-game by pressing Select, then press Select again after selecting one of the following entries.
- EQUIPMENT - Toggle invincibility.
- LOAD - Infinite use of items.
- SAVE - Increase Experience.
- STATUS - Increase Gold.
- MESSAGE - Decrease Ring power.
At the save game load screen, press Right, and "Start game story" will be replaced with "Option".
Note: the "BGM" and "SOUND" menus contain multiple pages of content, scrollable by pressing Left and Right.
- BGM - Play background music.
- SOUND - Play sound effect.
- ITEM - Examine possible equipment and items (however, their names are missing from the US version).