Bad Dudes vs Dragonninja
|Bad Dudes vs Dragonninja|
Rampant ninja related crimes these days.. Bad Dudes is not the exception...
There's code to display a version number that's never called by the game. Put the following codes in drgninja.xml or baddudes.xml and reset the game to see this text.
(The Bad Dudes version number is supposed to display as 1.1, but the text wraps around, below the lower bound of the screen).
<cheat desc="Version Number"> <script state="on"> <action>maincpu.mw@000006=DCA2</action> <action>maincpu.mw@00DCAC=7010</action> </script> <script state="off"> <action>maincpu.mw@000006=1386</action> <action>maincpu.mw@00DCAC=701E</action> </script> </cheat>
<cheat desc="Version Number"> <script state="on"> <action>maincpu.mw@000006=E002</action> <action>maincpu.mw@00E00C=7010</action> </script> <script state="off"> <action>maincpu.mw@000006=13Dc</action> <action>maincpu.mw@00E00C=701E</action> </script> </cheat>
NOTE: Normally the game tries to draw the copyright string and the version number at the same time, creating an overlap. To see this, turn the code off after resetting the game.
One last unused developer icon. For some reason the Bad Dudes team updated this graphic, but it's still unused!
- In Dragonninja, pressing 2P Start will put both Player 1 and Player 2 in the game. In Bad Dudes, pressing 2P Start will only bring Player 2 into the game.
- The dip switch that sets the player's number of lives has a range of 1, 3, 5 in Dragonninja, and 2, 3, 4 in Bad Dudes.
All of the player voice samples were changed in Bad Dudes, while enemy voice samples were left unchanged.
|29||1P Jump kick|
|35||Collecting a power-up|
|3E||2P Jump Kick|
Identical to 29 in Dragonninja
The time power-up design changed from a stopwatch to a clock.
The soda power-up palette changed from blue to red, making the item's resemblance to a Coca-Cola can unmistakeable.
The truck at the end of Stage 2 seemingly changed its alliance between versions.
The ending is the biggest change between versions.
- The background of the credits was changed from a park at sunset, with a statue of the two Bad Dudes, to the front of the White House.
- The music was also changed. In Dragonninja, the track starts out similarly to The Star-Spangled Banner before going off into its own thing. In Bad Dudes, the track is a straight rendition of Hail to the Chief.
- Dragonninja has an enemy cast list running with the credits. This was eliminated in Bad Dudes, though the cast text is still in the ROM.
- Each developer has their own icon in Dragonninja. These were all removed in Bad Dudes, though it seems there were plans to keep them at some point (see below).
- "Planner" was changed to "Planning", and "Programmer" changed to "Programming".
- The Planners, Programmers, Special Thanks people (barring Mentaiko), and Azusa Hara now go by their full names in Bad Dudes.
- Kansaiman was added to the Graphics section.
- Kenji Fujimoto and Hiroyuki Iwabe were added to the Special Thanks section.
- The Omake section of the credits only appears in Dragonninja, so Kinta58000, Ganganhonda, and Sherlock Tororo are only credited in that version.
- To give the new ending track time to wrap up, the Bad Dudes credits last about thirteen seconds longer.
The icons of Makoto Kikuchi, Kansaiman, Kinta58000, and Maro were changed in Bad Dudes, even though staff icons are no longer a part of that version's credits. The first icon is a parody of Japanese candy mascot Peko-chan.