Evel Knievel (Game Boy Color)
This game has hidden development-related text.
At 0x1E4095 in the ROM there is a regular "Take 2 Interactive" hidden copyrights message:
(C)1998 Take 2 Interactive Europe Ltd.
Below, at 0x1E40BD there is an internal developer game code:
At 0x1E40C9 follows the specific game initialization structure common for many Tarantula's games. The structure contains a list of RAM addresses of internal game variables, each followed by the list of its bit-flags or values along with its internal ASCII names. These names are just for readability purposes of the game sources and just skipped by the game itself while it runs this list and sets the according variables at the game's initialization.
For this particular game the list of settings is listed below.
- For RAM address $FF80 (internal game settings)
- "Show title" (bit.1 set)
- "Show copyright" (bit.3 set)
- "Language select" (bit.2 set
- "No test md key" (bit.6 set)
- "Bike pan bias" (bit.5 set)
- "Kill rider" (bit.4 set)
- For RAM address" $C831
- "Test map number" (value $FF, set). If any other value is set, the game will start in a instant race mode for the selected map.