Karateka (Commodore 64)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This game has anti-piracy features.
Having more detail is always a good thing.
Specifically: How are these actually triggered?
List the effects of the routines which do not have the effects listed.
The game has multiple routines related to copy protection, taking a minefield approach to anti-piracy:
- A routine that checks one byte, which scrambles music.
- A routine that checks one byte, which makes playing by the keyboard impossible.
- A routine that prevents the player from walking through a door.
- A routine that increases the opponent's regeneration.
- A routine that makes the hawk invulnerable.
- A routine that prevents movement when facing the final opponent.
- A routine that crashes the game when played on an NTSC system.
- A second routine that prevents walking through a door.
- A routine that is active before the game loads the levels.
|The Karateka series|