Logical Journey of the Zoombinis
|Logical Journey of the Zoombinis|
Also known as: The Logical Journey of the Zoombinis (EU), Zoombinis Logical Journey (2001 rerelease), Zoombinis Maths Journey (UK rerelease)
Logical Journey of the Zoombinis lets you guide adorable blue creatures to a new home, away from their tyrannical dictators. Your only resource is your logic skill.
Many audio files are noticeably longer than they are heard during gameplay.
|Captain Cajun whistling which gets cut off at 5.1 seconds.|
|A Fleen shouting which gets cut off at 1.2 seconds.|
|A line from "Hotel Dimensia" which gets cut off at 11.3 seconds.|
|The mine carts in "Mirror Machine" which gets cut off at 3.6 seconds.|
Check if there are any other versions with differences such as rereleases in the UK.
Version 1.0 (Europe)
v1.0 was released in Europe in January 1996. It is available in English, French, and German.
Version 1.1 (USA)
v1.1 was released in the US in February 1996, with the following changes:
- A help option is added to each level.
- Difficulty increases at a slower rate. Each route must be successfully completed three times instead of one time in order for the difficulty to increase.
- A practice option is added to the menu of the main map. In v1.0, it could only be accessed by pressing CTRL + P.
- Color-changing mushrooms were added to the "Shelter Rock" level, though they are purely aesthetic.
- A 32-bit version was added, although the original 16-bit version is still available.
- Saves from v1.0 are compatible with this version, but not the other way around.
In addition, a number of names were changed:
- "The" was dropped from the title.
- "The Marshy Trail" became "Who's Bayou".
- "Didimension Hotel" became "Hotel Dimensia".
- "Zoombiniton" became "Zoombiniville".
Compare MIDI version from 1.1 and WAVE version from 2.0 for Zoombini Isle
Released in 2001 by The Learning Company as Zoombinis Logical Journey, with the following changes:
- The Brøderbund introduction screen was replaced with one for The Learning Company.
- The MIDI music was removed. The music for Zoombini Isle was replaced with WAVE music, but no other MIDIs were replaced.
- Extra mouse sensor features were included.
- Speech for each help contents have been added and can be turned off.
- The title screen shows the new name and copyright details.
- The game is 32-bit only.
- The QuickTime requirement was removed.