This game has a notes page
Starting the game with Pro Action Replay (PAR) code 7E00FC01 turned on enables a debug menu in both versions. Entering a name starting with a lowercase E also enables it, but doing it this way results in some glitchiness.
The functions are as follows:
- The number of the location you're in is displayed in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- The player's X and Y coordinates are shown in the upper-right corner of the menu of the screen. Because of the font changes between releases, it doesn't show as well in the US version.
- In the menu screen (press X), the Sys menu contains 30 options. Most of these are scripted events that don't work correctly, mostly due to how precise the conditions must be. In a few instances, they will cause the game to crash.
- 0 - System (Sys) Menu. This is the normal menu accessed when not in debug mode.
- 1 - Scripted Event - Transported to Crystal Labyrinth.
- 2 - Scripted Event - Water is drained. After a couple times, Stragos comments about arriving in Saskuot, then Bubbles (BOSS) shows up.
- 3 - Scripted Event - Ambushed by Goblins.
- 4 - Scripted Event - Going up the Jurayn elevator.
- 5 - Scripted Event - Party goes to bed.
- 6 - Appears to do nothing.
- 7 - Scripted Event - Party flies with Tiger. Nearly always crashes the game.
- 8 - Scripted Event - 1st game scene after the clock goes off.
- 9 - Scripted Event - Clinic scene in Rekuon.
- 10 - Scripted Event - Going down the Jurayn elevator.
- 11 - Scripted Event - Activates shuttle transit system.
- 12 - Appears to do nothing.
- 13 - Game map.
- 14 - Scripted Event - Noi Gren explodes (?).
- 15 - Scripted Event - Strago crashes.
- 16 - Game demo.
- 17 - Appears to do nothing.
- 18 - Appears to do nothing.
- 19 - Scripted Event - Dal Gren is activated by Gabnid.
- 20 - Scripted Event - Final scene. Leaving Jurayn in the Raiga ship.
- 21 - Scripted Event - Sword is placed in Strabo.
- 22 - Scripted Event - Dal Gren is exploding + Escape.
- 23 - Scripted Event - Exiting an elevator (probably related to Raiga Island).
- 24 - Credits Scene - Doth and Chezni in the Labyrinth.
- 25 - Unknown.
- 26 - Unknown.
- 27 - Unknown.
- 28 - Customize a party member.
- 29 - Sets various party data, including flags, # of party members, ID#'s for each party member, frequency of random battles (0 = None), Gold, and Save ID#.
- Hold A to toggle free-movement mode. Hold down A while standing still to re-enable walls.
- Press L, then open the Level Select. Use the D-Pad to select a level. Maximum value: 283
- Press Start to enter a sound test.
Battle Debug Screen
Hold Select to enter a battle debug screen. The functions of this screen (only usable before starting a battle) are:
- Press Left, Right, Up, or Down to choose an enemy to fight.
- Press L and R to cycle through battle backgrounds.
- Press Select to scroll the background downwards.
- Press A to animate the enemy sprite(s).
- Press X to change the background palette to black and white. This will also update what monster appears on the screen.
- Press B to exit the battle.
If you press Select instead of holding it, you'll be taken to a generic battle for the area you're in. Most maps that do not have random encounters will result in you fighting the easiest monsters possible.
The Save Girl is behind a counter or surrounded with path blockers, meaning you can only approach her from the front. Despite the presence of side and back sprites, she'll still face forward in-game if you use cheats to talk to her from the side or behind.
At one point in the game, the party must travel 10,000 years to the past (before color existed). While most of the NPCs, tiles, etc. use regular palettes, a few enemies and one unique object do not.
Race entry 0x08 (Guud) is never used by any of the available characters to describe their race.
Enix America added additional (legal) info and changed the game's name.