Prerelease:Dead or Alive 2 (Dreamcast)
This page details prerelease information and/or media for Dead or Alive 2 (Dreamcast).
Dead or Alive 2 began development in January 1999. The arcade version was released in Japan, October 1999. The arcade version got a revised update known as Millenium and that was released worldwide, January 2000. The Dreamcast version was released in America, February 2000. It would then be released in Europe, July 2000 and lastly in Japan, September 2000.
This was what was shown to journalists at gaming events in 1999. It has many differences, seeing as it's very early in development. Some of the footage presented here can also be seen on the G4 Dead or Alive Documentary.
- The "Transcendence" music track sounds VERY different.
- Ryu Hayabusa's attire is different.
- The health bars are different.
- The fighter name text is different.
- The timer is a different colour.
- Fall damage hasn't been implemented yet.
- The Spiral stage looks VERY different.
- Tina has no win pose dialogue.
- There is an explosion effect when you knock someone out of the window on the Demon Church stage.
- Attack and Combo damage is considerably weaker than what the final game would deal out.
- Tag Team intro animations were VERY different.
- Tina, Bass, Ryu Hayabusa, Gen Fu, Leifang, Jann Lee and Ayane reuse their Dead or Alive sound effects.
- Helena's elevator cutscene is different.
- Kasumi is standing up in Ayane's Fireball cutscene.