Proto:Doom (32X)/September 16, 1994 Prototype
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a sub-page of Proto:Doom (32X).
|This article has just been started and needs the article basics added.|
Help us out and
(Prototype source: Hidden Palace)
- This is the first version to display a copyright screen after the Sega screen.
- The Level select option is now present in the main menu, but it's non-functional.
- The Options menu is now using its final layout, but Controls doesn't open its submenu yet.
- The music is back. As in the Sept. 9 prototype, only Level 1's theme is played continuously.
- The hex values have been updated again:
- The first value is now the amount of ammo for the current weapon.
- The second is both the status bar face's current animation and your current health.
- The third is your armor.
- The fourth and fifth are always 0005.
- The controls for cycling through weapons are back to their final setup.
- The other cheats are back:
- Mode + Y is now God mode; level advance remains Mode + X.
- The keys and full arsenal cheat only gives 500 ammo for each weapon now, as in the final game.
- The level advance cheat now bypasses Level 6.
- The final status bar is now in place, but it's not 100% done yet:
- No numbers are drawn on the Arms panel.
- Only the face animations for looking forward, left, and right with various amounts of health are functional.
- The normal health face is reused for 1-20%.
- The looking right with a bloody nose face, usually used when between 60 and 80% health, is also used when dead.
- Likewise, God mode uses the forward facing bloody nose face.