Proto:Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals/Clamento
From The Cutting Room Floor
This is a sub-page of Proto:Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals.
- The ice block was replaced with a crystal in the copytiles area, though neither are used on this map.
- The pushable block is slightly larger in the prototype.
- An extra broken wall was added in the copytiles area of the retail version.
- The prototype has a treasure chest where you find a (TODO - a shield?). This was replaced with Armor Dog (Blaze), the Capsule Monster.
- Same changes noted in B1 section apply.
- The Northeast room in the prototype has a switch that needs to be weighed down, a rather pointless puzzle that was removed.
- In the prototype, there's just a single switch in the southern room to drain the lava on the B1 level. This was changed to a puzzle requiring the new 4-switch configuration to all be facing left, and plays a flowing lava sound effect when solved.
Ice blocks in the prototype create only a single tile stepping stone, while the ice crystal replacements cover up to a 3x3 grid.
- The retail version map is similar, but larger, and with a smaller central island. This hides the treasure chests at the bottom edge of the map, which contain an Aqua whip and Fury helmet.
- The lava river extends across the right half of the map in the retail version.
- The save point in front of the boss room in the prototype was moved to a hidden room behind a vine-covered wall which also contains restoration tiles.
- A vine on the wall in the western room was removed, probably for looking out of place on a corner wall.
- Two pillars and barred doors were removed from the boss room, as well as the two non-functioning message boxes in the staging area.
- The dimensions of the jail cell and the placement of floor debris were changed.