Proto:Sonic Blast (Game Gear)/Prototype 806
This is a sub-page of Proto:Sonic Blast (Game Gear).
This prototype is documented on Hidden Palace.
Sonic Blast Beta 806 for the Game Gear was released by drx during the February 23rd 2008 Proto Release. This beta seems to be very similar to Beta 74.
- The game still goes into level select upon starting, and it is available from the beginning.
- There is STILL no title screen.
- The character select screen is still text based and still doesn't have character sprites.
- Level Select still is different.
- There are STILL no level intro and end title cards.
- A Debug Mode is STILL activated. Holding 2 will freeze the character and allow the player to move him freely with the D-Pad.
- Red Volcano Zone is STILL named Red Volcanic Zone.
- The song used for the ending scene in the final version is longer in this prototype.
- The song used for the continue screen in the final version is slower in this prototype.