Proto:Sonic Chaos (Sega Master System)/July 13, 1993
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a sub-page of Proto:Sonic Chaos (Sega Master System).
|This article has just been started and needs the article basics added.|
Help us out and
Screenshots. Double check invincibility music.
The July 13, 1993 build of Sonic Chaos has many more finalized things. However, there are still a few lingering differences and assets from prior builds.
- There is no SEGA screen.
- There is no introduction scene.
- Demos do not seem to be implemented yet. Sonic will just stand and do nothing when a demo loads up.
- Pressing Start takes you directly to the level select.
Screenshots and comparisons to the June 30 prototype.
- You cannot access Special Stages without hacking.
- Sonic cannot do the strike dash move.
- The Speed Shoes powerup still does not appear to work.
- You start the game with 3 continues, regardless of if you are Sonic or Tails.
- Crumbling platforms are still incomplete, but work better than they did in the June 30 prototype.
- You cannot speed up the results screen tallying by holding down a button.
- The player select screen does not animate.
- The ™️ text is missing from the title screen.
- The boss music is still a bit different, but closer to final.
- The end of-level jingle is implemented here, but is different compared to final.
- The final boss music is more polished compared to the June 30 build.
- The Electric Egg Zone/intro music is more polished, but still sounds different compared to final.
- A near-final version of the Electric Egg Zone music exists, but is unused.
- Sound IDs $96 to $9A are still unimplemented.
- Like the June 30 prototype, the 1-Up sound does not play when hitting a 1-Up monitor.
- There is no music for the title screen.
- Like the June 30 prototype, Speed Shoes still affect the sound engine but do not do anything to the music.
Turquoise Hill Zone
Check the behavior in the June 30 prototype.
- The Emerald Hill Zone-like trail makes a strange noise when you interact with it.
- The boss introduction is different: he just suddenly drops in.