Top Hunter: Roddy & Cathy (Neo Geo)
|Top Hunter: Roddy & Cathy|
This game has regional differences.
On the Arcade (MVS) version, you'll only play the 1st and 3rd levels of the first planet you pick. For the rest of the planets, you'll just be able to play the 2nd and 3rd levels, for a total of 9 levels per game.
On the Neo Geo home console (AES), you'll have to go through all 3 levels of each planet, for a total of 13 levels per game.
The Japanese version has three cheats that were removed for the USA/European versions. The cheats are to increase the credits, extra moves for the Robo-Vehicle and skip to the last stage. These cheats can only be accessed on the Neo Geo home console (AES) and Neo Geo CD versions.
Exclusive to the Japanese Neo Geo home console (AES) version are 6 different endings. One of the endings is the default one you normally get, to get the other ones you need to defeat one of the first four bosses and then the last boss with a specific special move. If done right, you should see the bosses ejecting from the seats. To get the 6th and final ending, defeat all of the bosses using the required special move.
Required special move to defeat each boss in the last level:
- Sly (Forest Boss) = Slide Attack (qcf + B)
- Misty (Ice Boss) = Turn Attack (Charge Down + Forward, then press Forward + A)
- Big Man (Wind Boss) = Atomic Bomb (Jump and press Down + A)
- Burn (Fire Boss) = Rolling Attack (Charge Down, then press Up + B)
- Captain Klapton (Last Boss) = Rolling Upper (Forward, Down, Forward + A)